//timeskip//

(A/N: TIMESKIP Y/N IS HEREEEEEEEE (ALTHOUGH THE DRAWING APPARENTLY ISN'T DONE YET- BUT YOU CAN'T RUSH MASTERPIECES SOOO...) ALSO GHGHF I'M WAY TOO INTO THIS STORY AND I LOW-KEY SQUEALED AT THE END WHAT- 

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE HESITANT AND CRAPPY ROMANCE, BC AS STATED BEFORE, BOTH ANNA AND I ARE LONELY SOULS WHO IN OUR 14 AND 15 YEARS OF LIFE HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A SIGNIFICANT OTHER ETC SOOOO AHHAHHAHAHAHAHA

This chapter was nearly 3,000 words I-)

I elbowed Don in the side discreetly as we dashed away from the demon child who saw his feet from under his cloak.

"Ouch!!" He huffed as we ran, dashing through alleyways and gates. After we made it far enough into the forest we all pulled off our masks. I pulled the duo-horned mask off of my head and let out a deep breath I'd been holding as we ran. My hair fell loose from the mask, the pale white strands cascading down my shoulders. I wiped sweat from my brow and sighed. 

"You almost got us caught!" I yelled at Don whilst pulling my hair up into a pony. The bottom section of my head had had a close call with a rabid demon's claw and had severed practically all of the hair from that section, enabling it far too short to pull into my hands. 

"Sorry..." Don sighed apologetically, messing with his hair. 

"Don't mind it." Zack reassured him with a wave of his hand. 

Emma grinned. "I'm glad we have these masks, costumes, and incense! When we get back we need to make sure to thank Nigel and everyone!" She reminded herself. The sight of her unruly hair brought a smile to my face. We'd all grown quite visibly in the past 2 years or so. My hair had grown unreal amounts. I was taller now, too, although still slightly shorter than Emma, it was a large amount of growth compared to how small I was originally. I'd gotten stronger and faster, as well. 

I was completely distracted from everyone's conversation as we began our journey back to the shelter, mainly because I knew what major event was supposed to come next- the destruction of the shelter, and the loss of Yuugo and Lucas. 

"Yeah, looking at Y/N really makes you wonder that!" I heard Emma say bittersweetly, snapping me back to reality. I turned to her, a quizzical expression on my face. "We were wondering what Norman would look like by now..." Emma hummed. I tried to suppress a snort. Norman, huh? Now that I think about it, I doubt I look quite the same as him, if similar at all. After all, Norman nowadays was tall, broad-shouldered, handsome as f*ck, might I add, and the man's eyebrows were probably larger than my desire to smack him upside the head, which is saying something, for me.

"That's true. Although she's grown in height she still has the same face from 2 years ago." Ray nodded, his hand on his chin as he appeared deep in thought. 

"Well Zack still looks the same-!!" I said, pointing to the 19-year-old man. Sure enough, he had finished puberty long ago, and still looked pretty much the exact same. Emma let out a laugh.

"That's true! But the person who changed the most was Hayato, by far!" She said. I smiled nervously. Sure enough, Hayato, who was once small and scrawny, now easily overtook Ray in height and stature. I wondered how he'd compare to Norman...

I hushed everyone suddenly when I felt the small shift in the environment, my stomach dropping to my feet, and not a moment too soon. The treetop demons were above us, luckily still unaware of our presence.

Heart beating fast, we escaped from that area quickly, without making another sound until we were well away.  

Along the way to the shelter we had several more encounters with the demons, myself killing about 30% of them, before we finally arrived. I felt everyone take in a deep breath before we opened the entrance, all of the others worried about the state of everyone inside.