17. Hard Choices

3rd person POV

Being the daughter of someone who has tremendous power is seen as a gift, a blessing. Mainly because it's compared to royalty. If your father or your mother is a mighty person, then you are automatically compared to a princess, the future owner of enormous lands and huge richness. You're a daddy's girl, you don't have worries or difficulties because your family takes care of you, they don't want you to fail.

But people simply disregard the pressure that comes with it. Her parents are good people, they aren't those kind of parents that ground her or tell her that she's their biggest disappointment. They just encourage the young brunette to be better, to achieve her goals and to be happy.

But what would happen if Mr and Misses Kim only daughter failed miserably in life? How would the media react to Kim Jisoo's, daughter of the principal of one of the most prestigious schools in New Zealand, didn't succeed? Is her dad really that hypocritical to be strict and demanding to his students, yet letting his only child break the rules and be a complete failure?

So, as you can see, it's not a life full of privileges.

But how did Jisoo get lost in her own thoughts in her spacious balcony at 6am, when she only had classes at 9:00am? She looked again at the source of this morning issue, sighing again upon reading the messages:

Babe💍
Hey, ur coming tonight?

1:00am

Suho was a rush of adrenaline for Jisoo, it was like breathing fresh air after almost drowning. He showed up in her messy, yet perfect life with his captain attitude and mesmerizing looks and he sweep her off her feet. He showed her how risky and full of adrenaline life could be, with their skinny dipping at the beach at 3am, their dinners at 10:45pm when the place closed at 11pm, their wild sex with whips and handcuffs. Like I mentioned before, Suho was like that rush and free feeling that you have when you're on a loop of a rollercoaster. When your blood travels to your head and you feel like flying, where there's no care in the world.

Oh Suho, how much I love you.. at least I used to

One of the things that made Jisoo fall in love with her boyfriends was his spontaneity, how different he was from her regular and boring life, how worth living he made her feel.

But as time passed by, Suho started to only focus on school and in football, leaving his goofy and funny part behind. He became the typical boyfriend of the popular girl and, unfortunately, the brunette was starting to lose interest, and she felt awful for that.

He had his life extremely busy, but still tried to make time for his girlfriend and that made her really happy. However, every single time they were together, the conversation was only around Suho. The black haired girl was not only upset about it, but also because he did it since she didn't have anything interesting to say! And it was at 6am on a Wednesday that she realized it: she had to change her life. She had to talk with other people about her exciting life, but, to do that, the black haired girl had to find something that would make her animated and happy!

Unfortunately, for that to happen, she had to leave behind everything that was now a priority for her, because she needed to put herself in the first place for once. And she knew that Suho deserved someone who would make him a priority. She would find something that she was passionate about, she had to find a way to survive with a big smile on her face. And for that to happen, she had to be single and independent.

Me:
Sure, I'll be there

6.10am

Jisoo was not heartless, she still liked the boy, but she had to talk with him. The girl closed her eyes and listened to the chirping birds, hoping that somehow they could advise her and tell her how she could still be with the guy she likes and find her path, even though she knew that it wasn't possible.