3.11

I only got back to school the next day around noon.

As I made my way through the empty halls, a familiar voice came from behind me. "That better not have been who I think it was."

"...Tyler?" I asked. I turned around and he raised his eyebrow at me. "Well?"

"I don't know what you mean, Tyler."

"Really? So it wasn't Damon Salvatore dropping you off just now?"

"I-"

"His car's too flamboyant not to notice, Jeremy."

"Why do you care?" I exclaimed suddendly and loudly, knowing I couldn't make something up. Tyler knows me better than that.

Then there were more footsteps and another voice. "Jeremy? Oh, there you are. I was looking for you, I-" he cut himself off. "Oh. Hi, Tyler."

"Hello, Julien."

Awkward. Abort. Abort everything. No way this could go well.

Julien obviously gave up on what he was going to tell me due to Tyler's presence. But Tyler wasn't in a good mood, and lashed out. "Look, we don't want to hear any dumbass comments about our relationship or whatever, so you can beat it."

Hearing that, I guessed Tyler wasn't up to speed. I looked over at Julien, who frowned. "Tyler, I-"

"I said beat it, Pence!"

"Hey, watch it, Lockwood- did it ever occur to you that maybe we're friends? And I'm not an asshole like the rest of the guys and you know that. Chill."

"And you know I can kick your ass, right?" Tyler squared up.

"Hey!" I finally intervened, shoving Tyler. "What is up with you, Tyler? Calm down!"

"Jer, I just-"

"Stop, just shut up. I don't want to have this conversation with you anyway, so why don't you just go beat up a punching bag or something and leave us alone?"

He paused. "You two are a "us" now?"

Silence insued. I didn't know what to say.

"Goddamnit, Pence! I never should've trusted you. I can't believe this. Whatever tiny shred of friendship we had left, it's gone." And with that, he stormed off.

I exhaled. "Wow, I'm so sorry..."

"Nah, it's alright. I deserved that."

"Julien..."

He changed the subject. "Anyway, where've you been? I didn't see you this morning, and I got worried for a second..."

Too fucking cute. I felt bad for lying, but I couldn't exactly say, "Brazil." He'd think I was fucking with him. "Family drama. As usual."

"I see. I guess that's understandable."

I put my hands on his chest, getting closer to him and trying to be cute so he wouldn't hate me. "How was your game?"

"Fine. We didn't win. So actually, it might've been a good thing that you didn't come. It really wasn't impressive."

"Aw... I would've like to have seen you, either way."

"Well, there's no shortage of games." He told me, pressing a kiss on my lips. "Oh, but, I did meet your sister."

I cringed. "Oh no... what'd she say?"

It couldn't be anything good. It's probably a miracle Julien's still talking to me- Elena really doesn't know when to shut up sometimes.

"Not much. Just an "Hi, I'm Elena." We didn't have much time to talk and her boyfriend was freaking me out, just stood there, staring..."

"Yeah, that's Stefan." I sighed. I still don't know what Elena sees in the guy.

"As long as they're happy, I guess."

"Look, I feel really bad for missing yesterday, so let's do something tonight for sure. You down?"

"Maybe." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully. "I'll text you, alright?"

"Alright."

The bell rang, so we went our seperate ways. I tried to think of something new and original to do with Julien, but I'm at a loss.

Jeremy Gilbert

•••

[A/N] I feel like an updating machine today, man. (If you read all my stories you know what I'm talking about) Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Much love,

chantivera 🖤