Worth It

You woke up, embraced in Ron's arms, feeling warm and drowsy, as you looked up at him, snoring and twitching in his sleep.

You chuckled softly, and poked at his abdomen until he woke up, his stomach tensing.

"Bloody hell! What?!" He whisper shouted, seeing as he was only mean when he first woke up.

"Sorry love, I'm trying to wake you!" You whispered back, playfully ruffling his hair.

"It's fine...fine." He said, groggily turning over on the bed, taking you out of his arms and
leaving you alone on that side of the bed.

"You ok?" You asked leaning on his shoulder.

"I'm fine..I'm just tired." He said.

You stood up and went to the bathroom, where you brushed your hair and teeth, tidying up.

Walking out, Ron was still asleep and snoring now, and you went to his dresser pulling out a black t shirt, and sweatpants.

You didn't feel like going back to the girls dorm, you could've run into pavarti and you weren't ready for that.

You went down the corridor leaving Ron alone, and went into the great hall, where there were only a few students eating, all of them studying, wishing they were still asleep on this Sunday morning.

You found a spot next to lavender and cho, and sat down, grabbing two rusks and a cup of tea.

"Good morning. What're you studying for?" You asked, swinging your leg over the bench.

"Oh my god, potions this is awful!" Lavender whisper shouted, trying to get her paper on the properties of moonstone done.

"Cho?" You asked.

"Oh just divination. Trelawney's out of it really. She thinks we need to know wha' certain tea leaves can do for the soul!" She said the last part in a singsong voice, making fun of the teacher.

"She's actually my favorite, y'know. She's not so bad past the crazy." You said, dipping your rusk in tea, relaxing.

You looked up the room, and saw the only teacher there was a half asleep flitwick.

'Sleepy sunday' you thought.

"So...Harry told me about you and Ron." Cho said, honestly a bit out of the loop.

"Cho...they've been together almost a year." Lavender said, giggling at cho's oblivion.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Cho said, putting her book on the bench, also grabbing some food.

"I'm actually not sure, everyone else just found out about 2 months ago." You said, relaxing around your friends.

"Oh. Hey, give me the tea leaves." Cho said, suddenly seeming to have an interest in divination.

She looked at your tea leaves as you talked to lavender, and at the corner of your eye you saw her flipping through her book.

"This is weird." She said, pulling her hair up.

"It's a broken heart, sadness, and also a sun and a heart, love and happiness." She said.

You frankly didn't believe in this at all, so you scoffed and grabbed the cup back, putting it aside and continuing to talk to your friends.

You were almost done with your breakfast, when lavender looked behind you, a glare of disgust and hatred on her face.

"Hello, lavender. Why so tense?" She asked, shoving herself a seat in between you and lavender, making an effort to bump you over.

You put down your rusk, and stood up, letting pavarti. She was clearly oblivious to the fact that you had your wand in your hand, and continued to bicker with lavender, then looked up at you, standing above her.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" She asked, thinking she was getting a rise out of you.

You looked up to the front, seeing flitwick asleep, and shot a look at lavender who was eyeing your wand.

"Hey pavarti?" You said, with a devilish grin, as she looked up at you with confusion.

"Yes?"

"Anteoculatia!" You enunciated, flicking your wand to do a charm which professor Slughorn had taught you, not in his best interest, when he was drunk.

You watched with satisfaction as pavarti whimpered and squirmed, two horned antlers poking out of her forehead.

"What did you do?!" She screamed, running out of the great hall to the sounds of the few students in there laughing.

"Nice!" Cho said, high Fiving you as you sat back down.

You grabbed your rusk, and stood up, making your way back to the boys dormitory tower.

You entered the common room, hearing pavarti shouting in her room, and went into yours, grabbing some clothes that weren't Ron's for the day.

"MS. Y/L/N!" You heard a familiar shrill voice scream from down in the common.

You gritted your teeth, and made your way down, where you saw Mcgonigall With her hands on her hips, and pavarti standing next to her, crying.

"You have a weeks detention with Slughorn! Starting now! Go!" She yelled at you, making you run out of the common room, too happy to be upset at your teacher.

"Professor?" You said, knocking on slughorns door.

He walked over to the door, sleepily, and opened it, still in some silk striped pajamas.

"Ms. Come in." You had always been one of his favorites, so you knew you would probably just be doing something very easy.

"Do you know why I'm here?" You asked.

"Yes. To be quiete honest I'm proud!" He said with a chuckle, sitting at his desk and handing you a blank, leather notebook.

"Thanks." You grabbed a quill from his desk, and started to doodle, knowing that that was all you'd be doing for two hours.

"Sit- go ahead." He said, gesturing to the couch next to his desk.

You sat down reluctantly, and watched him grade his papers first, then doodled for at least 30 minutes, you weren't sure.

A knock came from the door, at around 9:30 am, and you looked over to see two red heads at the door.

"Ginny and Ron, come in." He said, pointing to you, knowing they were there to "rescue" you.

"Hi." You said, with a smile, standing up and thanking Slughorn for not making you do lines, and moved out of the room and through the hallways with Ginny and Ron.

"Good job, mate." Ginny said as soon as the door closed.

You smiled and high fived her, then placed your hand in Ron's.

Ron smiled, and you could tell he was happy that you did something about it, so he wouldn't have too.

"Ahem." You heard behind you, already knowing it was Mcgonigall.

"I'm coming." You said with a giggle, parting from your favorite people with a chuckle, excepting your punishment.

Worth it.