Chapter 2

"Y/n, I'm cold," Harry said, shivering in the snow, hugging himself with his bare arms. His gray shirt stretched over his chest and it barely went farther than his shoulders. 

The forest of Dean has become the shelter of Harry, Hermione, Ron and you. The quest of finding Horcruxes isn't the easiest and the safest. It has been a couple of months since the four of you left 12 Grimmauld Place. You didn't want to risk the safety of your loved ones so it was for the best. But now, the four of you were left freezing in the snow with the safe shelter of a tent. 

"Well, we are in the snow, Harry. It will be worrisome if you weren't cold," you replied, setting down the chairs that you were holding onto its rightful place. 

Harry sighed and you saw the cold vapor that blew out of his mouth. You didn't want to see him cold so you went deeper into the tent to find Hermione's purple beaded purse. She was incredibly brilliant that she added an Undetectable Extension Charm on it. You brought some sweaters, shoes/boots, and some extra clothes just in case something happened. You found the purse, took out the blue sweater and headed outside again. Harry had his back turned to you as he was staring out into the forest with the opening of the tent. He tended to do that, something about protecting all of you, or ensuring the safety of his friends. 

"Harry!" You exclaimed, walking towards him. You unfolded the sweater in your arms as you approached near him. He turned around and his face of surprise landed on the sweater you were extending to him. He smiled, adding some color to his pale face and took the sweater from your hand. 

"Thanks, y/n," he replied, putting it on over his head. As he did that, making his hair a little messy than before, you looked into the forest to give him a little privacy. He chuckled as he adjusted the bottom and said, "I'm dressed you know. You didn't have to give me some 'privacy' like you intended." You laughed as you started to feel some heat on your face; you put your hand on your head and said, "I'm sorry, Harry, but I usually don't like to peep when my friends are changing." He rolled his eyes and took your hand to raise it to his face. "Thank you. I appreciate it," he said as he kissed your palm. 

You blushed and brought your hand back to your side. "Let's get back inside so that we can wake them up. We have to find new information over the next horcrux before this day ends," you stated, walking deeper inside after a longing look at the snowy trees. He followed your steps and soon after you were in front of Hermione and Ron. They were still asleep but Hermione looked like she was coming to a rouse, her eyes fluttering. 

You quietly sat on the floor beside her without trying to wake her up. Harry, on the other hand, wasn't as patient as you. He shook Ron's shoulder and you tried to stop him but it was too late because Ron has woken up. 

"Bloody hell, Harry. What?" Ron asked, stretching as he started to wake up. He rubbed his hand up and down his face, making him a little dizzy. Harry stepped back from the sleeping bag and said, "We have to go, Ron. We have to do something that will bring us closer." Hearing the voices of Harry and Ron, Hermione started to wake up. You sighed because you didn't want her to wake up so early. 

"You guys woke up Hermione," you whispered harshly. Ron decided to stop his bad humor as he saw Hermione blinking rapidly as she focused on Ron and Harry. Harry gave you an apologetic look and you went near Hermione to help her get up from the ground. She took your hand and she was still half asleep. She tumbled on to you but you held her steady. She ran her hand through her tangled hair and said, "Thanks for not waking me up, y/n. I needed some rest." 

"Yep, sorry I couldn't contain these two from blabbering about. I didn't want to wake you up so early but here we are. Did you sleep well?" You asked her, giving her a tight squeeze on her arm. She sighed contently and nodded, as she started to get productive already. She grabbed some things that she had to organize while Ron started to get up from his own sleeping bag. You walked away from the tent and started to think about the long day that was ahead of you. You fixed your sweater and made your way to the frozen lake.