Chapter 22 || Explosion

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

please vote ♥️ 

————

"I was just joking," She chuckles and my face drops. "Well... I did take a pregnancy test last night when I ran home for a second, because I missed my period. Call it paranoia. Dylan and I wore protection."

"Don't you need at least eight days to know?" I ask. "You and Dylan have only known each other for nine days, so that would mean you would have had to fuck the day you met. You wouldn't do that, right?"

She laughs awkwardly. "He looked really hot. But it's okay, I know I'm not pregnant. If I thought I was, I would be panicking by now. I just took it to make sure."

"Yeah, you're probably not," I shrug. "Hold up, lemme just drive this out of the middle of the road."

"No! Don't touch it!" Anna shouts. "I'll drive, you get in the back."

"Pfft, I'm not that bad."

"You're terrible! I saw my life flash before my eyes," She shudders. "Get out," She begins to crawl towards the front seat, as I leave through the door. Drama queens. I sit in the back, extending my legs leisurely with the space I've just been given. "I'll drive to the nearest cafe and we can get a coffee or something. I really need after this is life threatening experience."

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "I'm not even that bad."

"You waved at a fire hydrant causing us to zig zag."

"And?" The fire hydrant looked lonely. Only heartless people would pass by a lonely fire hydrant without waving at the poor thing.

Maybe I did drink too much last night.

Anna starts the car, and the rest of the ride is smooth as hell. Blake and Anna are amazing drivers. Such an amazing couple. A while later we park in front of a local cafe.

As we walk into the cafe, almost instantly earning looks from the others seated there. I don't know if it's because Anna claims everyone's attention with her intense looks, or Luna's model-like features or if it's because I look like I'm about to die with my hangover, plus the fact that I already look like I drowned sewer rat.

But we clearly got their attention.

Anna struts over to the counter, and the barista instantly begins to drool over her. And Luna. I stay in the back of the group, commanding my brain to stop hurting. But just like me, it said "No."

"Bailey, what do you want to order?" Luna asks me, and I shrug.

"There's a lot of things I'm trying to order right now," I sigh, tiredly. "I want my brain to stop pounding against my skull, I want to forget about the little boy, I want Adrian to get better, I want chocolate, I want to look pretty like you two, and I want to be rich. But for now, I'll take an espresso and a slice of chocolate cake."

"Is that all...?" The man asks, clearly weirded out.

"No, but yes," I sigh. "Listen, don't listen to me. Okay? I'm not okay." Luna pats my shoulder supportingly. The man simply nods, writing my order down and runs off to get it to us.

I groan as I pull back a chair nearby and plop down onto it. Anna takes a seat in front of me and Luna takes a seat to my left. "Are you okay?"

"I miss Adrian. It was just yesterday that I yelled at him, and I feel so bad. It was just yesterday that I saved the boy until I killed him," I rant. "I'm not okay. I've been trying all day to forget about it, and it worked for a while, but now it's not working anymore. I should probably shut up."

"No, no. Keep ranting," Luna urges.

"I miss Adrian, even if I'm not supposed to. He kidnapped me for goodness sake! But then he always manages to make me smile, and is hot as fuck. He makes me feel worth it for the first time in my life. He calls me pretty once, and then tells me to leave the next. I'm so confused, but I love it so much. I don't know how to feel about him. When I had a panic attack for the first time a couple days ago, he acted like I was the most delicate thing ever."

"I don't know how to feel around. I don't know how to be around him. He makes me feel too much all at once. And now he's in the hospital in who knows what condition!"

Luna and Anna exchange looks and then turn to me. "Aw, sweetie. That's just normal things to feel," Really? I'm not sure everyone kills a little boy or sends someone they like into the ER, but sure. "When you're in love."

I choke on air particles that I had no trouble breathing in before now. "Pfft, no. We all know that love only ruins you."

"Love doesn't ruin you. Love makes you," Luna speaks softly. Fuck, this girl could be a poet or something. But she's wrong. Love ruins you. My dad's love for my mom ruined him. And that, in turn, ruined my life.

Love is what ruined my life. I'd be a clown if I'd let it ruin me again, and my life would be the circus. Wow, I could be a poet too!

Lust is the only thing between me and Adrian. I think he's hot, that's all and he thinks I'm pretty. We've kissed once. I haven't even kissed him.

"Trust me, love ruins you," I laugh dryly.

"Love is like a star. As long as two are together, it's beautiful. But once you fall apart, it'll ruin everything around it. But even the explosion is bright and beautiful," Luna says. I swear, this girl is a poet.

"And even if love is beautiful, I'm not in love with Adrian. I'm not as fast you guys. Or at least Luna. Lust? Sure. But not love. And I'm pretty sure my coffee is ready, I'll go get it."

————

After our conversation, things got pretty silent between us. I mean, Anna kept texting Blake after we got home. Luna went home because her parents were mad at her for some reason.

So I did the only reasonable thing I could think of. I watched TV. What did you expect me to do? Cure cancer? Yeah, I'm not that smart. And guess what? Adrian had a TV installed in the bedroom I stay in.

He's like my sugar daddy. Okay, sorry, not really, I hate freeloading. But even I can't say no to free luxuries.

Is he going to be mad at me for smoking his cigarettes? Is he even going to want to see me? What if he meant the last thing he said to me? God I miss him, especially now that I'm not being held captive.

"Bails, we can go and see Adrian now!" Anna shouts from downstairs. "You coming?" 

————

a/n: ayyy, new chapter. well, i'm really tired so not much author's note today. I need a shower. well, i love you. please vote ♥️