xvii

TW: light smut, drug usage, toxic relationship, physical abuse

A couple of days had passed since Harry was chosen as a champion. People were becoming meaner and meaner towards him which made my blood boil. The Slytherins were passing around stupid badges that read <<SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY-THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION!>> and when pressed the letters spinned they changed into <<POTTER STINKS>>. Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and Slytherins wore these badges and everytime Harry would walk by they would insult and bully him until he was out of sight.

Harry and I had grown significantly closer. When we were alone together he would often rant about Ron's stupididty or his hatred for Snape. Almost every night we sat in the common room catching up with each other's day and I could not deny that I had a soft spot for him. Cedric and I had barely talked since he was announced as a champion. Girls would follow him around like lost puppies and there were always some others asking him to sign their school bags.

Nate and I were meeting every other day at 3:00 am in broom closets or empty classrooms and even though we still hated each other, that hatred was soon forgotten when we were moaning each other's names in the dark. But just like almost everything in my life, our little secret went to shit when we were caught by no other than my closest friend, Fred fucking Weasley.

"Friday same time?" Nate asked putting on his boxers and joggers. "Yup" I answered straightening my skirt and putting on my shirt. We walked out of the classroom at the same time and akwardly stared at each other. I was struggling to button up my blouse since it was dark and as we were to walk away, Fred walked right into us. "Fuck" i muttered when I saw his cheeky grin. "Well, that's for you to handle Mads" Nate said as he walked away.

"So that's why you've been sneaking out every other day" he smirked while I was butonning my shirt. "I thought he had a girlfriend and I thought you hated him" he whispered. "He does have a girlfriend and I do hate him but I can't stop" I mumbled ashamed. "I swear, just one look from his stupid big blue eyes and that's enough to have me under him" I said to Fred. I was way too embarassed to even look at him so I kept silent until we reached the common room.

"Please promise me that you won't tell this to anyone Red, my brother and my sister don't even know and they will definitely use the killing curse on me" I pleaded holding the redhead's arm. "Fine, fine my lips are sealed Frenchie. I just hope you're using protection" he joked and I slapped his chest playfully. "I hope you're using too, didn't think I wouldn't notice that you were coming from the kitchens, which happen to be next to the Hufflepuff common room" I chuckled. "Fair enough" he laughed as he went to his dorm.

*****

It was Friday morning and we were all sitting in the great hall having breakfast. I felt so exhausted that I was staring blankly into space, my head empty sipping the black coffee that was in my cup.

"Mads are you alright?" Lee said and snapped me from the trance I was in. "Yeah, why?" I answered. "It just look like you were hit by the Hogwarts Express that's all" George joked.

"Maybe you should lay down the coffee a bit and eat something, that's like your fifth cup" Lizzie said pointing to the empty plate in front of me.

"Care to share why you're so tired Frenchie?" Fred smirked and lifted his brow earning a deadly look from me. "Just didn't sleep well last night, that's all" I rolled my eyes.

"That's a big fat lie!" Alicia said loudly, "you were basically drooling before we woke you up this morning". "I don't drool" I huffed as the rest of my friends were laughing.