˗ˋ 23

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter twenty-three ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

"So, Lee Suho. How is life treating you?" Miyeon had the biggest fake smile on her face, and Suho scoffed, shaking his head. "Got another math competition to prepare for?"

"You really haven't changed, have you?" He asked, gaze focused on the floor in front of him. "At least one of us hasn't."

"On the contrary, I've changed a lot. If you compared me to the version of me that left for New York, you could see it." Miyeon shrugged.

"I mean before that." Suho said, and the girl's eyes widened and she fell quiet. "And I don't know if I have a math competition any time soon."

They sat in silence for a moment, still awkward around each other - despite the change in tone of how they talked to each other.

"Did you want to talk about Jugyeong's date? I cant believe he has a girlfriend. I knew older guys would be jerks." Miyeon sighed, shaking her head. "You sorted him out didn't you?"

"I wasn't just going to leave it." Suho replied, glancing over when Miyeon stared at him, her hands gesturing going into more detail. "I followed him to the bathroom and-"

"You beat him up, didn't you? You do Taekwondo it would've been more .. elegant than just beating him up. Ah, Lee Suho you're so.. And I'm interrupting you again." Miyeon fell silent.

"You're making a habit of that. You used to do that a lot too." Suho seemed to getting more comfortable with the minute, and although Miyeon knew this probably wasn't what he wanted to talk about, she was just glad that he was talking at all.

"I wonder if any of this can be eaten cold." Miyeon paused the retelling of what Suho did with the college guy just a bit longer to open the bag that Mrs Hong gave her.

"What is it?" Suho asked, leaning over and helping her untie the knot.

"Well I went over to Jugyeong's for a little bit - Seojun's mom is out of hospital by the way - and I went over once before and she heard me mention how my parents weren't there so she gave me food. You could do with some as well - still not eating at home?" She asked, and Suho blinked at her, suddenly overwhelmed with things to take in.

"Not really." Suho shrugged. "This should be fine?" He took out a box and opened the lid, Miyeon peering over it.

"Mhm!" She said, digging around in her bag and pulling out some of the packaged utensils that convenience stores had for when you got food. "I learnt to carry these around a long time ago. I went out with you or Seojun or.. far too many times and we got food and couldn't eat it because we had nothing to eat it with."

She passed a pack over to him, and for a moment they just ate in silence, the sound of the city. It was the longest time they had spent in each other's presence without that hostility for a while.

"So." Miyeon said, covering her mouth as she finished chewing and swallowed her mouthful. "What happened next?"

"I got him to send that message." Suho continued, pausing as he took another mouthful. "I think he's doing it with three other girls, so I got him to send ones to them as well."

"Lee Suho! Look at you doing things for the good of the people. I'm so proud." Miyeon smiled, Suho tutting at her sarcasm. "So what did you really want to talk about?" She asked.

"Hm?" Suho looked up from the food, staring across at her.

"I'm guessing you didn't know I was up here, so it's either you want to talk to me about actually being up her, or something about what I was saying or-" Miyeon was suddenly cut off by the boy.

"I didn't hear you say anything." He quickly said, and Miyeon raised her eyebrows.

"So you heard something. Okay, I see." She said, the boy opposite shaking his head. "But if it's not about that, then what is it about?"

"I figured we should talk about it. You seem more willing to talk about everything that Seojun is." Suho replied, Miyeon nodding slowly.

"So everything.. like what happened on the night?" The Hwang girl asked, looking a lot more timid than usual, her voice nothing more than a whisper.

"I can go first if you want." Suho swallowed, putting down his chopsticks on the top of the container. He slowly began to tell his version of the night where it all went wrong.

And Miyeon could only pretend not to see the tears that leaked out of the corner of her ex best friend's eyes.

They were all so hurt, yet for almost a year now, they had nobody to share it with. And for Miyeon and Suho, that would change, finally.

Only one left before the group was reunited. But that would never happen. Not with Seojun and Suho and Miyeon. It was strange enough that Suho and Miyeon had made up, considering Suho's lack of talkativeness and Miyeon's tendency to overthink and interrupt.

All four of them had been unique, but they had fit together well. But you can't complete a puzzle with only two pieces, and it seemed that even the third couldn't complete it.

But it would be in the direction of doing so.