Miyamoto Usagi x reader

Requested by @Codedecay

Title: Long-Ears

"You need to lift your sword higher when swinging upwards in the arc, (y/n)." I sighed as I lowered the blade and looked at Usagi, also known as Long-Ears. He put his hands behind his back and strolled over to me, taking the sword from my hands. He began to expertly swing it, eyes closed, as if in his own world. He'd been wielding that thing for as long as I could remember, so he probably knew exactly what he was doing without even doing it.

Sitting down against a tree, I watched as he continued to spin and kick, as if fighting imaginary opponents. He was beautiful. I'd been in love with the samurai rabbit for years, though, I'd been entertaining the thought that he didn't know what love was, so there was no way he could ever love me back. It didn't matter; it would never happen.

I woke up with a start. It was dark around us, the sounds of the forest mysteriously gone as silence rang all around me. Long-Ears was shaking me as he glared over his shoulder at the lake. There was something moving in it; and it was big, maybe the size of Usagi, or even bigger. I moved my wide eyes over to him and he put a finger over his lips, gesturing for me to hide behind the tree I was currently sitting against. As soon as I did so, he was ambushed. Two, three, four figures rushed at him with different weapons. They were turtles. Giant turtles the size of Usagi were rushing at him with different colored bandanas covering their eyes.

"What is this?" He grunted as he defended himself, seemingly making it look effortless. After a short fight, he knocked the blue one against a rock and he began groaning. Weird, since the whole time none of them had made any noise. Then, the other ones stood up and began talking also, not trying to attack anymore. They all began talking with Usagi, and as I sat there behind the tree, cold and tired, I eventually fell asleep again, hoping I would wake up warm.

I didn't. I woke up with a gasp as I looked around and rubbed my blurry eyes. After stretching and standing, I realized I was alone. Usagi and the turtles were gone. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it. But, it was right in front of me. The truth was right in front of me. Usagi had forgotten about me.

After trudging back to where we'd been yesterday before visiting the lake, I noticed Usagi and the turtle-men standing in the clearing. Three of them were sparring while he and the last one- blue- talking, slowly clashing swords and moving in circles.

"Usagi?" I asked as I stepped into the clearing. Everyone stopped and stared at me as I furrowed my eyebrows at him. Looking back at the others, he asked them to continue as he walked over to me.

"Hello, (y/n). Have you done your morning routine yet?" I sighed and turned without a word, walking away. I turned around to see if he were watching me, but he had already gone back to his sparring with the blue turtle.

He didn't even ask if I was okay.

I walked down to the lake and sat down in front of it, staring at the water. Why didn't Usagi love me back? Why didn't he notice me? I was literally the only other one with him. Why? Why was I not enough for him?

"(Y/n)?" I didn't move. I only tilted my head to the side as Long-Ears sat down beside me. We didn't speak. He was waiting for me to talk first; to explain why I had disappeared this afternoon. I wasn't going to explain anything to him. I held my ground, not looking or speaking to him. He shifted every once in a while, crossing his legs and sighing. Then, he didn't move or make a sound. His breathing evened out and then it was quiet again.

After a few minutes, I stood up and turned to look at him. I wanted to scream. He was meditating. Did he think I wasn't talking to him because I was meditating? What the heck? Was this guy serious?

"You make it really hard to love you." I muttered as I turned and stomped back up the hill, not turning around once.

As I trained, I began to get more and more frustrated, eventually throwing my hands down and my head up towards the sky. I breathed in and out as I tried to calm myself down. I told myself to stop criticizing myself so harshly; that was Usagi's job, but I couldn't. I couldn't help but think of the blue turtle, who didn't have any trouble sparring with him, where as I could barely go two minutes with a sword in hand before he told me I was doing something wrong.

"What's wrong with me?" I muttered, helplessly dropping to my knees as I looked down at the sword that still sat in my hand. I began twisting it in my grip, thinking heavily. I then stood up again and began practicing with all my might, throwing myself into it like I'd seen Usagi do. I tried to hard to mimic what I'd seen him doing, although I was probably a lot more clumsy at it.

I kicked, I spun, I jabbed, and finally, I fell.

As I lay there on my back, I began to cry. But, before the first tear could even leave my eye, there was a muffled sound. A laugh. Sniffing, I sat up and shoved the sword away, glancing around. Usagi stood a few feet away from me, holding a hand over his mouth.

"I apologize. I don't mean to laugh. I am just-" He turned away as he began to shake, trying to hold his laughter in.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm a joke. Laugh it up, Usagi." I grunted as I stood up and to brush myself off. I turned my back on him to grab my sword as I tried ignoring his words as he spoke carefully to me.

"I was not implying that you are a joke as such, (y/n). I was-" Suddenly, I turned around and pointed my sword nonchalantly at him as I feigned thinking, putting a hand up to my chin to tap it. He froze, not out of fear, but out of the fact that he knew I was going to speak now.

"It's funny, don't lie to me. I'm hilarious. I am. I'm friggin' hilarious! Aren't I? I must be because you can't take any part of me seriously. It's funny to you how weak I am; how unworthy of even holding this sword I seem to be. Well, I'm sorry I'm not you. I'm sorry I don't have the gift, I'm sorry I'm not skilled, I'm sorry I'm not heartless to those around me. I'm sorry that I met you, I'm sorry that I liked you, and I'm sorry I loved you! That's it; Usagi, I love you! I do. And, I must sound really stupid to you right now, but it's true! I've been in love with you for so long because, well, I don't know! You've always hated me so, maybe it's time for me to reciprocate that. I won't hate you, I can't, but I won't hate myself because of you. I'm done, sorry." I dropped the sword and tried walking away, but was pulled back by my arm. Turning around, I was met with the sight of Usagi, staring down at me with blank eyes.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I-I didn't realize you felt that way. I didn't know you felt inferior to me. I also didn't know that you-you felt that way about me. I'm so sorry I didn't realize any of that. The truth is, I feel the same about you. I have always reciprocated the feelings you have felt for me, although I was always too worried about your well-being, which is why I was pushing you so hard to become better than you already are. I'm sorry." With eyes wide, I yanked my arm back and took a step away from Usagi, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Are you sorry? Really? You're telling me that you didn't realize your feelings for me because you were worried about training? Really? Because-" I was cut off by Usagi hurriedly pressing his mouth to mine. I gasped as I felt his mouth open against mine still. Was this really happening? It was.

Miyamoto Usagi, the famous samurai rabbit, was kissing me.

And I wasn't kissing back!

Before I could, though, he pulled away and took my hands in his, smiling as he sighed gently. "Let me show you that what I am saying is true. Please?" I nodded, smiling slyly.

"Okay, Long-Ears. Show me what you got."

I'm sorry ik this isn't what you requested but this is what i came up with. feel free to correct me if his character is wrong; there was barely anything on his character so.