Chapter twenty: Don't poke the bear

"Uh...hey Beau?" Maisy was already glaring at Miles, she hadn't said anything but no one would dare cross her from the look she was giving.

"What?" Beau came in and saw Maisy, crossing her arms, knotted hair and a deadly glare. "Jesus...Maisy?"

She didn't answer, and only glared at him. "Why are you already awake?"

"I didn't sweep." At least she didn't sound as angry as she looked, and then she started to rub her eyes. Making it clear that she wasn't kidding.

"Perfect."

Because that's just what Beau needs, on a day he's going to the company office, a sleep deprived toddler.

•.                                      •.                                     •.

"I have to work."

"I have to work too! Just bring her to the daycare."

Beau has to go in today, and he was trying to get someone to stay home with Maisy because he clearly can't take her looking like that. Cassidy already left, Miles and Amber have plans, and Eric doesn't want to. "I can't."

"She hates me right now! Do you really think she'll be okay with that?" Beau was gathering his stuff and putting it into his bag for work. "I don't care. You apologize, she'll apologize and then I'll give her the bear back and she'll sleep."

"I'd like to see you make that happen. Really Beau, get her to apologize. Do it." Eric crossed his arms, waiting. He knew Maisy wasn't happy about last night, everyone had to have an idea of just how angry she is.

Beau gave Eric a look, then pulled on his collar to straighten it out. "Eric, just do it. Okay? I need to leave. Teddys in my top drawer."

And with that, Beau left. Leaving Eric to go try and deal with a very crabby, and angry Maisy.

"Maisy?" He slightly knocked on the door before he came in, and Maisy was sitting on her bed. Beau had told her to lay back down, and get some rest. But here she is, petting Bubbles and glaring at Eric.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tricked you yesterday."

"I know." Maisy clearly wasn't very forgiving. Eric would have to do better than that. Assface.

Eric sighed before trying something else. "How about, maybe tomorrow, I'll take you to get ice cream, as an apology."

Maisy nodded once, acknowledging his apology but not fully forgiving him. "...are you sorry Maisy?"

"I want Teddy." Maisy rubbed her eye and stared up at Eric, waiting. She wants Teddy, not Eric.

"Yeah, Beau said you could only have him if you say sorry." Eric really wasn't the happiest with her either, he didn't care that she called him assface-that was actually kind of funny, but it didn't feel so great when she whacked him in the balls.

"I'm sowy. Can I have Teddy now?" It wasn't sincere at all, but Eric didn't care. If she gets Teddy she'll pass out, then he won't really have to watch her.

"Yeah yeah, fine." Maisy perked up a little once he said it was okay, and jumped out of bed. She needs Teddy to sleep, Bubbles was very comforting last night, but he just isn't the same as Teddy.

•.                                       •.                                    •.

"Yay! Teddy, I missed you so so so much! Mwuah." Maisy crushed Teddy close to her, burying her face into him and playing his fuzzy face with kisses.