Tahno x reader Breaking free (revised)

The vibrant lights of Republic City danced around you as you and your boyfriend strolled through the lively streets. You were dating a guy who seemed charming at first, but as time went on, you began to notice his toxic behavior. He was possessive, jealous, and always quick to anger, but you found it hard to let go because you believed there was some good in him. Despite the red flags, you remained in the relationship, unsure of how to break free.

Unknown to you, Tahno, the famous pro-bender, had taken a liking to you. His heart would skip a beat whenever he saw you, and he couldn't help but feel protective over you. But he respected your choices and kept his feelings hidden, not wanting to complicate things further.

One evening, Tahno spotted you and your boyfriend at a local restaurant. As he watched from a distance, he noticed your boyfriend's demeaning behavior, making you uncomfortable and anxious. Tahno couldn't stand by and let this continue.

He approached your table, mustering up the courage to intervene. "Hey, Y/n, mind if I join you for a moment?" he asked, flashing a charming smile.

Your boyfriend's eyes narrowed, clearly not thrilled by the interruption. "What do you want?" he retorted.

"Just wanted to say hi to Y/n, that's all," Tahno replied, not backing down.

You greeted Tahno warmly, appreciating the friendly gesture. However, your boyfriend's jealousy was palpable as he shot glares at Tahno. He made a snide remark, attempting to belittle Tahno, but Tahno remained unfazed.

After a short conversation, Tahno excused himself, but not before leaving you with a meaningful glance. He knew there was something off about your relationship, and he couldn't stand seeing you treated that way.

Days went by, and Tahno couldn't get you out of his mind. He couldn't bear the thought of you being with someone who didn't treat you right. He decided to take a chance and find the right moment to talk to you.

One evening, he found you sitting alone by the river, deep in thought. He approached you with a gentle smile, hoping he wouldn't overstep any boundaries. "Mind if I sit here?"

You shook your head, appreciating the company. "Not at all, Tahno. What brings you here?"

Tahno hesitated for a moment before speaking, choosing his words carefully. "I've noticed some things about your relationship, and I can't help but worry about you, Y/n. You deserve to be with someone who respects and values you."

You looked down, feeling a mixture of emotions welling up inside you. "I know, Tahno. It's just... complicated. I keep hoping he'll change, but I'm not sure if that'll ever happen."

Tahno placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "You can't change someone else, Y/n. But you can make the choice to prioritize your own happiness and well-being. Don't settle for anything less than you deserve."

As his words sank in, you realized that Tahno was right. You deserved better, and staying in a toxic relationship wasn't doing you any favors. You looked into Tahno's eyes, seeing the genuine concern and care he had for you.

"I... I think you're right, Tahno," you admitted, your voice soft. "I need to let go and prioritize myself."

Tahno smiled warmly, relieved to hear you come to that realization. "I'll be here for you, Y/n, as a friend or anything else you may need."

In that moment, a weight lifted off your shoulders, and you felt a newfound sense of clarity and strength. You knew it wouldn't be easy, but with Tahno's support and friendship, you felt hopeful about the future.

As the two of you sat by the river, you knew that you had a genuine friend in Tahno, someone who truly cared about your well-being. With his encouragement, you felt ready to take the first steps towards healing and finding the happiness you deserved.