6

____

____

  Jungkook never realized the treatment he received from the kids at school. He never paid any mind to anyone, but after Jimin's reaction to meeting him he started to pay more attention.

  People in the halls avoid him as he walked. No one really meet his eyes and Jungkook finds it insane that he never noticed any of this. Why on earth are people scared of him? He hasn't done anything to be afraid of.

  Jungkook notices Taehyung across the hall, keeping his head down as he makes his way into a classroom. Jungkook feels pity for him. He never knew that all this time he has had it so rough at school. Jungkook looks over as a group of preppy assholes pass by him, whispering. Probably gossiping about stupid shit.

  Jungkook finds Jimin's blonde hair in sea of kids walking over to the group. It was easy to spot Jimin since he was the only male in school with dyed hair. Jungkook raises an eyebrow when he meets Jimin's eyes. The blonde boy smirks and walks away with the assholes.

  Before Jungkook looks away, Jimin quickly flips him off. Jungkook licks the inside of his cheek so he wouldn't smile.

  Jimin is pretty extra.

  Jungkook sits down in his usual seat in first period, looking up and meeting the eyes of the girl that sits in front of him. She blushes and turns around. Yeah, that's happened a lot today. Jungkook never thought of himself as hot, but all these girls are making him reconsider.

  Jungkook sighs. He wonders if she has a crush on him. Would he like that? She was cute, but Jungkook didn't want a girlfriend at the moment. He needed to focus on his money problems and not some girl.

  Once lunch rolls around, Jungkook has to piss pretty bad. He walks through the crowd of students and into the boys bathroom. After he relieves his self, he goes to the sink and washes his hands since he was a decent human being.

  He turns the water off, looking into the mirror and noticing feet under the stall behind him. He grabs a paper towel and was about to leave since he didn't want to stay when someone was taking a shit, but he hears what sounds like a bag of chips being opened.

  "Uhh," Jungkook mumbles as he leans down, getting a better look at the old, untied white converse behind the stall. He knows immediately who owned the shoes, "Taehyung?"

  There was a shuffle from behind the door, "Jungkook?"

  "Yeah. Are you eating as you take a shit?" Jungkook asks with a chuckle.

  The stall door unlockes and Taehyung steps out, holding a brown sack. "No, this is where I eat my lunch."

  Taehyung goes over to the sink and leans against it as he sighs. He lets Jungkook take the sack from him and look through the contents. All that was in there was a browning apple, and a squished jelly sandwich.

  Jungkook frowns, "This is sad, Tae."

  Taehyung's cheeks threaten to react to the nickname, but Taehyung looks down, "I know."

  Jungkook steps closer and shows Taehyung the apple in his hand, "You aren't actually planning on eating this, are you?"

  Taehyung gives him a dry chuckle to cover up his frown because yes, he was planning to eat that. There was not many options in his bare kitchen at home. Jungkook grabs Taehyung's hand and starts to walk to the door, "Come on."

  Taehyung pulls back slightly, "No, wait. What about the bully?"

  Jungkook gives him a small smile, "You're with me now. They won't do anything."

  Taehyung gapes at him in somewhat shock. He couldn't believe someone would do this for him. He ends up following Jungkook out the bathroom like a lost puppy. He makes sure to stay a step behind him to stay out of his personal space. Jungkook opens the cafeteria door, letting Taehyung walk in first. Jungkook doesn't really come here often since he went to the school roof during the lunch hour, but he knew Taehyung needed something to eat.

  The door slams close behind as they enter, making everyone look. Jungkook makes sure Taehyung was still behind him as they make their way over to the lunch line. Jungkook has an intimidating resting face, so people looked away when he meets their eyes. Taehyung tugs at Jungkook's sleeve, "Jungkook, I don't have any money."

  "It's alright, ill pay."

  "No, I know you didn't rob that place just for kicks," Taehyung says, giving him a knowing look. Jungkook shrugs as he reaches for his wallet, "I'm not eating."

  Taehyung frowns and halts his hand, "Jungkook."

Before Jungkook could respond, a familiar voice speaks up behind them, making Taehyung flinch, "I can pay."

  Jungkook gestured towards Jimin who stands proudly with his credit card in his hand, "There you go."
  "You too, Jungkook."

  "Oh hell no."

  Jimin doesn't listen as he disappears into the lunch line and comes out with two full trays of cafeteria food. He hands it to them, a smirk casually on his face as he turns and walks back to his table.

Jungkook clenches his jaw as his eyes follow the so called good samaritan. Jimin sits back down with his so called friends, looking proud as if he just gave food to the homeless and was getting praised for it.

  Just as the canteen had started to become noisy with chatter, Jungkook suddenly throws his purchased food into the nearby trash and slams his tray down on the nearest table, scaring the girls sitting there and gaining everyone's attention yet again.

Taehyung watches in horror as he walks out, the door slamming behind him. He was alone.

  The whole lunch room seems to be staring at him and Taehyung could feel his heart beating. The shock didn't last too long because suddenly his tray was knocked out of his hands and his food was scattered all over the floor. Taehyung's mouth falls open in shock as he feels an arm being put over his shoulders, "Well, well. Look at the mess you made," his tormentor says, squeezing his shoulders tightly.

"I think you need to clean it up."

  Taehyung gets pushed, making him almost fall into his spilled soup. There was laughter from idiot teenagers as Taehyung sniffles and wiggles out of his bully's hold, running out of the cafeteria.

He cries as he runs down the empty halls, and out into the fresh air. He just continues to run until he gets to his house, falling on his bed and letting himself feel embarrassed and pitiful until he falls asleep.

—————