41

Damon's pov

These past three weeks have been hell.  Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, my world came crashing down.  I lost the one thing that mattered most to me.  I lost the one thing that meant the world to me.  I lost the love of my life.  My soulmate. 

This isn't how it was supposed to be.  But it's what I feared was going to happen.  And my worst nightmare came true.   After that night, we took Elena and Alexandra to a safe place.  Bonnie did whatever it took to try to bring them back.  John even spared his life for them. 

Elena woke up by the second day.  But Alexandra...she never woke up.  I spent every day with her.  Every second.  I searched and I tried to find anything, any answer, on how to bring her back.  But I just couldn't.  I failed. 

And worst of all...she didn't hear me tell her I loved her back.

"I knew I'd find you up here" I heard and just perked up a little.  I just stand there confused and then get a little pissed off.

"Now, you're hearing her Damon.  What's next? Seeing her ghost" I said to myself.

"Seeing the real me would be a lot better, don't you think?" I heard and then I just snapped my head around and my heart dropped. 

Standing in front of me is Alexandra.  The girl who just was dead.  This can't be.  I'm hallucinating right now.  There's no way she's alive.

"Damon...I'm here" She said and I shake my head.

"But you can't be" I said.

"But I can.  I woke up.  Whatever you guys did, it worked.  I'm alive" She said and took a step closer to me.

"No" I said.

"Damon.  It's me" She said still walking to me.

"My head is messing with me" I said.

"If I wasn't here...would you be able to feel me?" She said and then she put her hand on my face.  When I feel her touch, I just feel my body go weak.  I just stare at her and then feel all of my emotions come out and I tear up.

"Alexandra" I said and then grabbed her and picked her up hugging her.  I feel her wrap her arms around me and hug me back and I don't let her go.  I can't believe this.  I'm seriously hugging her right now.  She's in my arms right now.  She's alive.  The love of my life is alive.

"When did this happen?!" I said putting her down and putting my hands on her cheek.

"I woke up 3 days ago.  Damon I..." She started saying and I cut in.

"I...I thought you were dead.  I thought I lost you" I said.

"I'd never leave you, Damon" She said and I just stare at her.

"I love you, Alexandra.  And I hate myself that I didn't say it back to you.  I...I didn't say it.  And then you died" I said.

"I felt it.  I could feel your presence after I died.  I don't know how.  But...I could.  And I know you said it then" She said and I just teared up.