Dollar and Pennies

"I'm sorry for shouting at you. That was bad. Very bad. And disrespectful. I won't do it again. I won't. I'm sorry." I apologized to my mother who had tears flowing out of her eyes. She had me engulfed in a tight hug, applying ample amount of pressure just the way I liked.

"No baby it was all my fault. I kept rambling on and didn't realise that I was letting you down. I didn't mean to baby. I am very proud of you. I love you." I didn't want to dwell on my thoughts that told me that maybe she wasn't telling the truth. If she was actually proud of me then she wouldn't have done what she did today. But Jungkook had told me that wasn't the case. He had told me that she just cares about me so much that she sometimes gets too forgetful.

"It's fine. I forgive you." And I did. I always did. I love my parents a lot. I know I have insecurities inside me that tells me that they're forcing themselves to love me. I try to grow out of those insecurities though. There are so many cases of children being abandoned and left at orphanage door just because they're autistic or have any other disabilities. My parents could have done that too. But they chose to be with me. I will always be grateful for their choice. What I have, is not something that everyone can have and that could only be possible because my parents love me.

"Well you guys should spend some alone time together. I'll go attend the guests." My mother said, gesturing towards me and Jungkook, and soon excused herself. I turned to look at Jungkook who had a gentle smile on his face but that soon vanished when Jimin pushed himself between me and Jungkook.

"Well hello there. My name is Park Jimin. Taehyung's best friend." Jimin extended his hand out for Jungkook to take, who smiled again and took his hand to shake.

"Hello Mr Park. I'm Jeon Jungkook. Taehyung's boyfriend." It was one thing to introduce Jungkook as my boyfriend. But it was a whole different thing to hear him introduce himself as my boyfriend. The second case felt better. It gave me that strange feeling in my stomach which I found out are called "butterflies". It's a metaphor. We don't really have butterflies in our stomach. Butterflies will have to die in order to go inside and then they'll be easily digested. Not to mention how disgusting and strange it would be to eat them. I giggle at that thought.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jungkook asked me, breaking me out of my weird thoughts.

"Pennies won't work anymore, they won't. I would like a dollar." I told him which made him laugh.

"Well I guess then I'll never find out what you were thinking. You brought me here in such a hurry that I didn't bring my wallet with me." Jungkook confessed looking fondly in my eyes.

"He's cute isn't he." Jimin intervened making Jungkook nod. But he never once looked away from me. While I struggled to keep eye contact.

"Very." He muttered making me blush.

"You can pay me later." I said, and he was quick to nod.

"Deal. So what were your thinking about?" He asked me with a smile on his face which vanishes as soon as I tell him what I was thinking about. It was now replaced with a cute frown. He is very cute as well.

"Eating butterflies." Even Jimin frowns at my answer which makes me laugh even more.

"There's no way I'm ever letting you eat those beauties." Jimin states as he crosses his hands over his chest.

"Oh no no I won't." He doesn't look very contended with my answer but doesn't press on the matter any further. He believed my words of course. He knows I never lie.

"So Taehyung never told me that you guys went on dates. When did that happen?" Jungkook's expression changes again and now I wish I was better at reading faces. My face always held the same neutral expression unless I'm shy or giggling. Which happens a lot, since I get flustered easily. But other then that, my expressions don't change the way everyone else's does. I see them frown, pout, scowl, while I just stare ahead with frequently blinking eyes. When I want to show anger I raise my voice, my arms start flailing around, while my ears start ringing from my own raised voice. I don't cry when I get sad. I instead just get overwhelmed with the situation and start shaking in my place. Everything happened differently for me. So sometimes it's hard to understand what's normal.

"I feel very sorry to say that we haven't been to any date so far and I plan to change that tonight." So he was feeling guilty. I nod to myself as I register one more expression in my head.

"You haven't?! Oh my god this is unacceptable. How can Taehyung say yes to being your boyfriend? No I won't allow this. Taehyung unboyfriend him." I see Jungkook biting his lips, with the same look of guilt crossing his face again and I smile as I could acknowledge it this time.

"It's Jungkook who said yes Jimin. I proposed him. I did. Not him. Unboyfriending doesn't work. That's not a thing. It's not. And you don't get to decide that anyway. It's not you who's dating him. You're not. He's my boyfriend. Mine. All mine." I see that Jungkook was smiling again. I liked this better. I didn't like seeing him guilty.

"Ouch. No offense taken. I'm totally not hurt. Well, I wasn't serious Taehyung. Anyway you guys enjoy the alone time as per Mrs Kim's instructions. I'll go stuff my mouth with some french fries. I can see the way Trisha is eyeing the last batch." With that he gone leaving us all alone. Jungkook soon steps closer to me and places his hands on my cheek and waist. I didn't mind his hand on my waist but I immediately got fidgety with his hand on my cheek. He took note of that and removed his hand from my face and placed it on my back instead.

"The way you claimed me just now. It does things to me Taehyung. Very bad things." Something told me, that the bad he was referring to, wasn't actually bad. Especially the look in his eyes. He didn't look displeased.

"What kind of things?" I gained the confidence to ask. The answer I got in reply made me shiver with an unknown anticipation. Jungkook had leaned closer to my ears, so close that I could almost feel him touching my lobe with his lips. I couldn't decide what was stronger right now. My anxiousness of experiencing a feather light touch or the desire to have his lips on my ear again.

"I'll show you sometime." I don't know what he meant by that, but the way he said those words, it left those butterflies in my stomach again.

"Will I, will I like it?" Somewhere in my mind I knew the answer. I knew that whatever Jungkook does, I'll always like it but I still wanted him to give me verbal confirmation. Which he did.

"More than anything." He soon moved away when he saw my mom approaching us from the corner of his eyes. A smirk was plastered on his handsome face as he looked at me from my head to toe. As if undressing me with his eyes. Literally it wasn't possible. But figuratively, our mind is a very dangerous place.

"Dinner is served. I hope you don't mind take out Jungkook. It's from a nice restaurant." My mother directed the question to Jungkook who shook his head.

"Oh no Mrs Kim. I have to stay out all the time. I survive on take outs." I looked down at my watch to see that only five minutes were remaining until dinner time and I didn't want to mess up my schedule so I quickly grabbed Jungkook's hands and dragged him towards our dinner table. Almost all the guests had left by now, especially after I stormed away like that earlier. I'm sure no one appreciated my rude behaviour and didn't want to be a part of such drama. I did feel bad that I behaved that way, but I didn't feel bad that people had to leave. This peace and quiet was better.

We ate our food in silence since I didn't like talking during our meal. It's not a good habit. Someone could say something funny which might make you laugh while you have stuffed your mouth with chicken. Your laughter could make you choke on your food and the next thing you know, the chicken is blocking your airway, making your unable to breath. It can go as far as taking your life. I believe keeping your silence while eating is a better option than loosing your life to a piece of chicken.

It's almost my time for bed when I stand at my door, biding farewell to Jungkook.

"I wanted to take you out on date tomorrow. It's Sunday so we don't have any work either. Would you like to go on a date with me?" Jungkook asked me as we stand right next to his car. I get a little flustered at the question but nod my head nonetheless.

"Yeah. Okay." He nods and soon leans in, placing a soft lingering kiss on my lips.

"Well, I know I'm supposed to plan it myself but I don't want to overwhelm you in anyway. So is there any specific place you would like to go? Or anything you would like to do?" I think a lot about his question before nodding my head.

"Do you like Pandas?"