- 𝟏𝟐𝟏

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     SUNLIGHT FLASHED into the cellar below as daryl threw open the doors. a damp, musty smell filled rosaline's nostrils. it reminded her of her basement back when things were normal.

     he led her down the steps, "these are steep, watch ya step." he murmured. rosaline was holding a tray of food for the girl.

     as they rounded the corner, they both saw that henry was already there, holding her hand through the metal bars, "she didn't want to be alone."

     when he got up, lydia glanced at her up and down. she'd only seen her when she had first been captured by them, "what's... your name?"

     "that's rosaline. she's daryl's wife." henry had already answered for her.

     rosaline nodded, "brought you some food."

     lydia scrambled up to the front with a pleading look on her face, "my ear hurts. everything hurts. you still have those pills?"

     the woman looked to her husband for an answer, but he'd already wandered up to the cell with a large ladle filled to the brim with water for her to drink. she grabbed if softly, taking a sip.  daryl sighed as she passed it back.

     "here." rosaline prompted, sliding the tray of food under the bars.

     "thank you." lydia dipped her head, "my mom's not coming for me. if someone does or gets taken or whatever, they move on. like they never existed. that's how it's always been. they don't come into contact with big groups unless they don't have another choice. that's why i- was trying to find out everything i could about you cause when i escaped i'd have something to give them. no reason for them to take me back."

     the brunette stared at her in pity. both she and daryl knew of this feeling. when your parent didn't want you and thought you weren't worth their time of day.

     "you're her daughter. does that not matter?" henry asked in disbelief.

     "what about our missing people?" daryl implored, grabbing the top of the bars to lean against them.

     lydia dropped her gaze, "if my mom found them... i can't think of a reason she'd keep them alive. sorry."

     "does she camp somewhere when you pass through?" rosaline decided to question. she had already beaten daryl to it.

     "near the guard bridge. maybe a mile east but they don't stay in one place for long."

     henry frowned as if he'd been betrayed, jerking his head at her, "the story of your family... was any of it true?"