thirty

nick gasped, moving to stand next to george. "mistletoe!"

meredith's mouth opened and closed like a fish, unsure of what to even say. "um," she tried, but failed at completing the rest of her sentence.

"you know what that means," george remarked, beginning to make fake kissing noises.

clay was frozen, back suddenly straight and stiff. "i-" he cleared his throat. "it's a little hard when we're both holding bags, isn't it?"

"well, just drop them on the ground and kiss already, god." nick urged, motioning down to the ground.

"fuck it." meredith said.

she bent down, placing her bags carefully down on the ground. clay was a little less frozen now, still barely comprehending the situation. she grabbed his face, locking her lips with his as he dropped his bags in surprise. he reacted quickly, kissing her back and holding her hair in his hands. their noses danced with each other, their lips entangling as they kissed for what seemed to be forever.

"aha! see! the mistletoe worked!" tubbo yelled, shoving tommy and bring the couple back to reality. they jumped apart again, surprised.

"uh—" clay started.

"um—" meredith said at the same time.

"for fuck's sake." george groaned. "isn't it obvious now? you two," he pointed at them. "like each other. now, date."

"is that true?" he asked her, wiping the underneath of his mouth with his thumb.

she gave him an incredulous look, "are you fucking stupid?"

he laughed nervously, "i—i genuinely don't know what your answer is."

"considering the fact that i just kissed you in front of four people, what do you think?" her eyebrows were furrowed, but on her lips played a teasing smile. her cheeks were tinted bright rose, and so were her lips.

"...yes?" he hesitantly replied. his voice peaked at the end of his sentence, still confused by what just happened.

"yes, it means i like you." she huffed. "do you?"

"yeah," he said. "i do, a lot."

"then ask me out already! i made the first move, now it's your turn!"

"okay," he laughed. "meredith pham, will you do me the great honor of being my girlfriend?"

she dramatically gasped. "full name! mm," she pretended to be deep in thought. "not really."

she picked up her bags again, quickly speedwalking away and leaving him there. she giggled as he grabbed his bags, running after her and yelling. the four boys laughed as they watched the pair disappear into the dining room, but they could still hear their bickering.

"finally." nick said, exhausted.

"i know." george replied. "thought it was gonna be until the end of next year that they finally got together."

"i knew my mistletoe idea would work! fuck you, thomas!" tubbo yelled, whooping around.

"yeah, yeah, whatever."

"i need to call karl." she said suddenly, right before she changed into her christmas dinner dress. "he's going to freak out."

"karl knew about your little crush on me?" clay asked from the other side of the room, trying to figure out how to work the iron.

"shut up. don't act like no one knew about your bigger crush on me. and of course he did, he's one of my best friends! oh, has he seen your face yet?"

"yeah, he exposed my name by trying to facetime me, remember?" he finally got the iron on, accidentally blowing a ton of steam into his face.

"you're a dumbass, let me show you how to work this. have you ever ironed anything before?"

"i have! that was back in high school, but i have!" he protested, shielding the iron from her with his body. she rolled her eyes, opening her phone to call karl.

"mer? i'm with chandler right now." karl said as soon as he picked up.

"okay, and you can be with your buddy again right after. i have very important news to tell you about a not so important person." she said excitedly, waving her arms around in the air at the camera.

"hey!" clay shouted, offended.

"wait, let me guess. you two are dating now?" karl yelled through the phone, face tense with anticipation.

"yeah," she replied, voice flat. "sadly."

"meredith!" clay yelled. she giggled.

"wait, actually?! i never thought you'd ever actually admit that you like him."

"hey! i have the guts to do it, alright?" she defended. "i made the first move."

"yeah, after george and nick shoved us underneath a mistletoe." clay added, finally ironing his suit.

"aww, a mistletoe?! that's so christmasy and cute! what? wait a second, chandler!"

"that's all i called you for. bye now!" she cheerfully said. karl was interrupted by her ending the call, cutting off with a click. she giggled, glancing at her boyfriend who was shaking his head at him.

"i don't get why i like you." he sighed.

"liar. you get exactly why you like me. there's so many reasons, should i list?" meredith grinned, moving back to grab her dress.

"yeah, yeah. you wearing that?" he nodded to her dress.

"yeah! pretty?" she spun the dress around, watching it glitter in the light.

"mhm." he agreed, looking directly at her.

she looked up, seeing his eyes on her face. "you're going to find a way to burn your suit if you don't stop ogling me."

he snapped it of it, quickly pulling the iron off the patch of fabric it had been resting on for the past thirty seconds. "oh, shit."

she laughed, moving to the bathroom to change into the dress. after she finished getting ready, she walked out to see him fully in his suit, dirty blonde hair still unmanageable over top of a put together guy.

she whistled, her eyebrows raising, "you come here often?"

"wha—what?" he wheezed without turning around. he was adjusting his collar in the mirror, not having seen meredith yet.

"turn around." she said.

and so he did, jaw going slack when he saw her. the floor length dress fit her figure perfectly, curving in and out of every part of her body. the neckline of her dress moved out to a square, accentuating her collarbones and her multiple necklaces. the sleeves of her dress flowed down to her wrists, perfectly cutting off at the right length.

he was speechless, to say the least. the only thing he could think of saying was, "wow."

she smirked, waltzing over to him. "like what you see?" she repeated the same line from when he first saw her face.

"mhm." he mirrored, moving back to reality and going up to snake an arm around her waist. "i definitely do. and you," he gave her a peck on the cheek. "are all mine."

"stop being cheesy. they're probably all done already, come on." she grabbed his hand, beginning to drag him out the door.

"alright, my beautiful girlfriend."

author's note:

i despise writing first kiss scenes that's all