Arc 3.5 Xiao Yao

"So what now kid? Weren't you just talking big earlier?" Old Bai said.

"Old Bai, I wasn't talking big but have the confidence. As I said, I'll bring you to the Lost City."

"Xiao Yao, are you crazy?! Are you really bringing them to the Lost City?" Leng MianMian screamed frustrated.

"If not, do you have any other ideas?" Xiao Yao said while working on some mechanisms.

"How is it, kid?"

Old Bai walked over and looked at Xiao Yao working on something on the ground.

"Doing good."

"Xiao Yao, don't think I will give you the map to the Lost City! I rather die than let them take all the treasures!!"

Hearing what Leng MianMian said made Xiao Yao turn back to look at her.

His chilling gaze made her knees weak but she strongly supported her body not to fall to her knees and arrogantly look at Xiao Yao.

"Do you think I care about the map? I've seen it before and memorized it here. Even without it, I can still go on this path without you. If you want to die then you can go die. I saved you yet your here yelling your damn throat out!"

Xiao Yao really felt that the female lead is such an irritating woman. If he can only throttle her, then he would have done so long ago.

Anyway, it is not a lie that he had seen the map. It was the original who had sneakily looked at the map that the female lead had carelessly left on the table while resting.

Even if he didn't have the map, Xiao Yao will still find the Lost City. They are already almost over there, a few more days and they will enter the Lost City.

Besides, he has the System to help him. It's easy peasy for him to look for that damn City.

They are tomb raiders for heaven's sake!

Not all tomb raiders had the convenience of a map like the leads. They go on tombs in a blind fashion not knowing what would happen inside.

What is more scary is not having a map but what creatures and traps waiting for you inside the tombs are!

"Brother Fei, just look at what that Xiao Yao said to me! Brother Fei, you must avenge me!"

Knowing that she could not retort to what he said, Leng MianMian quickly turned on the waterworks and look at Fei Chen.

But Fei Chen at that moment was also at a loss. He knew that what Xiao Yao did saved their lives so he could not berate him or scold him.

He could only comfort Leng MianMian until she stops crying unable to do anything.

Seeing this, Chen Qiao's impression of Leng MianMian only decreased almost to the negative.

The supposed to be increasing love meter due to the female lead halo was falling instead because of Leng MianMian's waterworks and being unable to see one's kindness to her.

Xiao Yao might speak harshly but he had good intentions. 

If not for him, they might have been long fed to the man-eating fishes and died a painful death.

Exchanging their lives with the treasures is not a bad thing at all, at least they kept their life intact.

What is the use of infinite treasures if they're dead?

You must keep your life first for you to be able to enjoy the treasures!

Click!

"I got it!"

Xiao Yao quickly stood up and look at the crystal bridge rising from the bottom of the river. The scene was so magnificent that they stared at it for a long time.

"Boy, you really did it!" Old Bai said.

"Kid, how did you do it?"

"Old man, do you believe me now?" Xiao Yao looked at the old man beside him with a smirk.

"I believe you. Tell me, how did you do it?"

"Hehe. It's really easy, really. You see, after looking at the lake for some time, I noticed that there are two stone pillars on each side of the lake facing each other. That confused me a lot. But then, I saw that in the water, with the little bit of sunlight shining from those little holes I could see that the stalactites are forming numbers in Arabic. Then I knew that it was a code."

"Then, what did you do next?"

"Look here, old man. Do you see this thing on the floor?"

"Seems like a stone." The old bandit said after looking at the stone Xiao Yao was pointing at a closer distance.

The stone was white different from the other stone around it. It had traces like sun streaks on all sides and Arabic numbers drawn on the floor before it.

"Old man, this is no ordinary stone but a mechanism that brought the bridge up. See, this could be revolve."

"I see! So here, you turned the pointer here using the codes! Then the bridge was brought up!" Old Bai smacked his hand in excitement.

"I see. Why didn't we notice this earlier? It was that simple."

"It's because you didn't do exactly as these words here say, "Subjects bow to the emperor". Knowing that the tomb is for a king then you might just pass this as a subject's greeting for the king but not as a hint. When I followed this instruction earlier, when I bowed down, I saw that there was something out of place on the rocks and found an odd white stone near the bridge. That's when I found out that this was the key to crossing the lake."

Listening to Xiao Yao made all their unanswered questions answered in one go. How could they not think of that? It was so easy that even an elementary kid could solve it!

They prided themselves as skilled tomb raiders but still, they were beaten by a kid!

They thought that Xiao Yao was kidding when he said he could bring them to the Lost City.

Who in the world would believe the words of the spoiled young master of the Xiao family anyway?

Besides being an elixir maniac, Xiao Yao was known as being unskilled in tomb raiding. Even the basic tomb-raiding skills are unknown to him, said the rumors.

But seeing his performance today, it seemed like rumors could not really be trusted.

The way he handles things, his calmness in such a dangerous situation, and his wisdom and knowledge of things are that of a professional! 

No! 

An expert!

Maybe. Just maybe, he could really bring them to the Lost City.

"Young man, you are really good."

"I dare not accept the praise, old man. So, shall we go?"

🤗😊😇😊😏😚😍😚😘😊😗😉😣😉🤗😊😍😊😘😊😘😊🤔😊😘

Updating two chapters today because I was happy reading the comments!

It's really funny!!

I also see that all of you are enjoying reading and I'm happy seeing you happy reading so I'll release two chapters today!!

To my readers hello and enjoy as always 😀😍😘😗