Arc 3.11 Xiao Yao

"How is everyone?"

When the snakes were finally gone, the team finally had a rest.

Every single one of them drop down to the ground in exertion, they had been drained of energy almost every day running away from danger.

From the previous forty-man party, the bandits' party and Xiao Yao's party included, they were reduced to half the number within just a night.

"Yah!"

"What are you doing?!"

Xiao Yao who was taking a rest almost groaned in exasperation when a fight started to break out between the two sides.

They just got away from trouble and now they have another trouble in their hand.

"Let go! Let go of your hand!"

"Brother Fei, help me!" Leng MianMian cried.

"This is all this bitch fault! If not for her then we would have not been in danger! Our brothers died because of her!"

The bandit named Seven looked as if he was ready to kill Leng MianMian.

 His face was so dark that if not for Old Bai restraining him he would have shot Leng MianMian there and then.

"Seven, put down your gun." Old Bai said.

"Old Bai..." Seven hesitated.

He could not just give up on the matter. 

She, she killed them!

"Put down your gun, that is an order!" Old Bai ordered.

"Ah!"

Full of anger, Seven kept his gun and walk away but not before glaring at Leng MianMian.

"B-Brother Fei...."

The moment Seven left, Leng MianMian fell on her knees feeling her feet softened.

That really scared her. 

That was the first time her life was almost snuffed out in an instant.

If Old Bai did not stop Seven just now, she would have long died.

"MianMian!" Fei Chen quickly came to her side and supported her.

Feeling her shake in his hold, Fei Chen engulfed Leng MianMian in a hug to comfort her.

He kept whispering sweet nothings in her ear hoping to calm her down and also maybe himself.

This was the first time that Fei Chen felt that he was useless, he could not even protect her when she needed someone the most.

He could only hold her in his embrace to comfort her but could not become her shield when she needed him most. 

He is really so useless.

Knowing that the problem was solved, instead of feeling relieved, Xiao Yao felt that their life is even threatened.

The bandits that held them captive are not that kind. 

He believed Old Bai would not be so kind as to forgive Leng MianMian for her fault.

From the start, he was always against him and the others. 

He had only given him a few inches when he saw that he had the ability to take them to the Lost City.

Xiao Yao never really took it seriously when they said they would let them leave there alive.

He believes that they are only alive because they are useful to them but once their usefulness had been lived up, they will be thrown aside.

'This old man would never have it taking a step back. Sooner or later they would probably make us pay our debt in tenfold.'

"Xiao Yao, your still taking care of that man? He looked like he is already dying."

Leng MianMian who had nothing better to do walked towards Chen Qiao but was ignored by him so she could only bother Xiao Yao and the sleeping man.

Seeing how calm and nosy the female lead is, Xiao Yao almost gave her an applause for recovering so fast after that almost near-death experience.

Why was she not just shot to death? 

That way they would have one more less nosy and irritating person in their group!

Xiao Yao just pretended that Leng MianMian was just a passing wind and continued to change the wet cloth on the strange man's forehead.

But who would have thought that Leng MianMian would suddenly grab the cloth from the strange man's forehead before he could?

"Leng MianMian, what are you doing?"

Xiao Yao almost exploded in anger if not because of Chen Qiao who saw what happened and stopped him from bursting out in anger by putting his hand on the other's shoulder.

"Leng MianMian, give the towel back to him." Chen Qiao demanded in a serious tone.

"Brother Chen, why are you angry? I was just trying to help him change the towel."

Leng MianMian bit her lips acting like a bullied child, she was almost in tears but the two men did not look move.

"No one needs your help. You better stay far away from me, that is a big help." 

Xiao Yao emphasizes the "big help" part for her to understand that he does not want to see her.

"Why are you so mean to me? What have I done to you? I was just trying to help.. how could you be so mean to me?! That stranger is he more important than me, Brother Chen? To help him reduce his fever, you have wasted so much water even when you know that we don't have that much water left. I did not even say a thing when I saw you waste so much water for him but you are mean to me just because I took this stupid towel!"

Leng MianMian then threw the towel back to Xiao Yao, but the person that she was trying to hit was not Xiao Yao but the strange man.

She was angry and jealous of him at the same time for having all of the attention that should have been hers.

"Ah!"

But before the towel hit the man's face, Xiao Yao slaps the towel back to the female lead slapping her face hard with it.

"Dirty."

"You slap me?!"

Leng MianMian held her bruised face and glared at Xiao Yao indignantly.

Though it might look as if Xiao Yao only gently hit the towel, he used a little of his inner force and slap the towel with it making the female lead's face swell.

"Leng MianMian, your so noisy." Xiao Yao finally admitted and looked at her as a nuisance.

"You!"

"Besides, you don't have the right to scold me for using so much water to cure him. Anyway, all the water I used on him is mine. I did not take any of yours. Besides, weren't you the cause why we almost have no water left?" 

Xiao Yao made her remember who was the perpetrator who made the snakes chase after them making them lose so many people and resources.

Leng MianMian felt so ashamed and insulted but she did not dare own up to her mistakes and just huffed away but not before saying her last words.

"He is not worth it!"

"I beg to differ. He is worth it."

Xiao Yao laughed amused and looked at the strange man.

Then, golden eyes clashed with black ones creating a spark.

🙂😚😍😚😘😊🤗😙🤔😗😙😚🤗😚🤗🤗😚😚🤔🤗😚🙂☺😍😊😇😊😇😊😇😚😏😚🤗☺😇😚😇😚🤗😊😍😚😘

Heheheheh😂😂😂😂

Yeah, its really a cliffhanger. 😘

Right? 😎

Two updates for ya all

3njoy....the CLIFFHANGER 😏😏😏