Arc 3.19 Xiao Yao

"Old man, were already here inside the Lost City?" Xiao Yao said.

"Hm. Good job kid." The Old Bandit praised.

"Old man, I know I did well. But, what I mean is that where should we go now?"

"Hmp! Weren't you talking big before? Why are you asking now?" Leng MianMian scoffed clearly wanting to irritate Xiao Yao.

Xiao Yao raised an eyebrow due to Leng MianMian's attitude and looked at her like a crazy shrew which greatly irritated the latter.

Xiao Yao just shrugged his shoulders at Leng MianMian not caring about her episodes and looked back at the old bandit.

"Well, old man. As you can see, the Lost City is so huge. I was just asking if we should all go together or split up. What do you think? Anyway, I brought you inside the Lost City as I had said before. Now, it's your turn to keep your promise." Xiao Yao shrugged.

"Hahaha!"

The Old bandit laughed heartily seeing Xiao Yao's attitude. Well, indeed the young man had brought them there as per their deal.

He is not some brute man that would take back his promise after achieving his goal. At least, not to this smart kid.

After all, it is a good idea to make connections with people like Xiao Yao. It is better to make friends than enemies, is what they say.

"Young lad, I may have invited your group inside here by force but I do keep my promises. Alright, for now, let's split up. This City is huge. It would take time if we move in one group." The Old man said.

"Okay! I'll follow what you said. If I find the entrance I will tell you old man since we are in a cooperation anyway. I wish that you would also do the same."

Xiao Yao smiled kindly but behind his smile was that of a cunning fox.

"Of course, we are in a cooperation. I promised didn't I, that after we find what we wanted we will escort your group out safely." The old man laughed heartily again.

"Then, let's have a good cooperation as well this time, old man."

Xiao Yao offered a hand to the old man which the other also happily took with a smile.

"Same here."

After an hour of preparation, three groups were formed. The first group consisted of the old bandit, the second group of the leads, and lastly Xiao Yao and Xu Xin's group.

"Alright everyone, we will search on our own sides of direction. The time now is around nine o'clock, we would search till four. Remember, come back to this spot before sunset, understood? Remember that you must come back here while the sun is still out. Don't carelessly travel after sunset. We don't know what is hiding in the dark crevices of this city so everyone must be alert. Understood?" Xiao Yao said in a grim tone.

"Yes!"

"What a bother. Tsk." Leng MianMian said but also agrees with him.

"MianMian, don't be angry. It's for our own good anyway." Fei Chen said helpless.

"What Xiao Yao said is right. We don't know what is hiding inside this City so we must be careful. Don't put your guard down." Chen Qiao said with crossed arms.

"Hm." Xu Xin nods in agreement with Xiao Yao.

Xu Xin's gaze was penetrating while looking at the man in the center of everyone's eyes. His thoughts were, "He is a born leader."

Xu Xin knew from what he had observed and heard so far that the group he had joined is divided into three groups.

One is the kidnappers' group.