Chapter Nine

'You what?!' Kol yells and I flinch slightly, I knew I wouldn't get a very good reaction but I'm hoping I'll be able to get them to understand.

'She was going to kill all of you and that would've ended the whole vampire race.' I say quietly and none of the Originals look at me.

'She did it to save you' Thomas speaks up while Bonnie and Caroline take my hands comfortingly, as Enzo stands next to Thomas protective of both me and Bonnie. Tyler and Jeremy stand on either side of the girls ready to attack if need be.

'Well she shouldn't have made that decision because she's lying, mother would never do that' Elijah snaps making Bonnie flinch also.

'I knew you were smart Elijah but naïve? That's a new one' I roll my eyes to hide the pain I feel and we teleport away after I've spoken.

'It could've gone worse' Tyler speaks up as we walk towards the treehouse.

Everyone rolls their eyes in sync and I can't help but laugh.

'We've got each other and that's what matters' Bonnie says and Caroline nods her head feverishly in agreement.

Everyone starts going in but I hold Bonnie and Enzo back, ignoring their confused looks.

'I made you leave Elijah, your mate. I'm sorry guys.' I say rubbing my tattoo subconsciously.

'Myself and Enzo agree, they were out of line. Besides I would sacrifice anything to keep you out of harm Ellie' Bonnie says sweetly before her and her mate goes inside but I stay outside frowning. 

This is exactly what I didn't want, Bonnie sacrificing everything for the stupid doppelganger, fuck I just insulted myself.

I'm going for a walk, be back later.

I tell the group and I get a chorus of replies with a small number of grumbles from Thomas bless him.

I make my way to the Mystic Grill and order myself a drink, not noticing a certain Salvatore sitting at the bar next to me.

'Aren't you a little young to be drinking gorgeous' A familiar voice snaps me out of my reverie and I smirk slightly turning to face the vampire.

'Aren't you a little old to be hitting on me Salvatore?' I smirk at him and his eyes narrow making me chuckle as I down my drink leaving cash beside it.

'I'm not a replacement for Kathrine Damon, don't try it....besides....I'm taken'

I leave laughing slightly at his gobsmacked face and I quickly make my way to Thomas's house, I stay there most nights rather then at the Gilberts. I can't face them every night knowing I can't stop their deaths.

I'm hoping Jeremy won't kill me.

****

'Well done Elijah' Klaus scoffed as they made their way back to his apartment.

'I didn't realise your mate was a liar Niklaus' Elijah snapped, still upset slightly at the news of his mothers death.

'Have you considered she was telling the truth?' Klaus said quietly looking at Kol who hadn't said a word.

'I don't want to, thanks' the younger vampire snapped before flashing off to drain some humans.

'You better find her Elijah because unlike you and Kol I believe my mate, you've scared her off and I want her back'

****

*1 month after the crash*

'Have fun today' Thomas tells me as I pull one of his shirts on after a heavy make out session.