Chapter 11- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 1)

(Chapter 11- Ditching School With The Bad Boy- Part 1)

I yawn and roll over to face my alarm clock feeling well rested. I think that's the best night sleep I've gotten since this whole Blake thing started. It was a nice change. Once my eyes finally adjust to the light I read the time on the clock. 9:46 A.M....wait, what!

I quickly sit up pushing back the covers and turn on my phone. Olivia and Grace are probably freaking out right now. Once my phone is powered up I go into my messages but it's interrupted by the mass of notifications swarming in. Three voicemails and four texts, great. It has to be from Olivia and Grace.

Instead of checking the voicemails which takes longer I got strait to my messages.

Olivia: Where are you? I thought you were car pulling today?

Grace: Worried call us!

Olivia: Are you sick?

Brody: What happened? Did thinking about me keep you up all night? ;)

I can't hold back the smile that forms over Brody's text. Leave it to him to send a message like that. Crazy bad boy. I smile at that thought and quickly go into my contacts and change his name to in fact...crazy bad boy. That's not so farfetched, right? I mean not after the fight last night.

I send Olivia and Grace a text first telling them I'm alive to prevent them from sending a search party for me and then text Brody.

Me: Yes I can't keep away those horrid nightmares.

Ha! Take that Mr. oversized ego. I smirk at my phone like it was him before slowly getting up to get ready. I'm already late so what's the point in rushing right? Its Friday an easy day and I've got no test so I should be fine. Besides my perfect attendance record was broken two months ago when mom made me miss school to because she was afraid to go to the doctor alone.

That was during the time she convinced herself she had contracted some unknown life threatening disease somewhere. I knew we never should have watched Contagion. It turned out to be nothing more than a mere head cold. Looking back on it now I think I see where my hypochondriacal tendencies come from. Oh lord I hope I don't get as bad as my mother. I don't think the world could handle two of us.

I grab my iPod from the dresser and take it to the bathroom to place in the dock. I put my playlist on repeat before jumping in the shower. Thirty minutes and seven Carly Rae Jepsen songs later I'm out and drying my hair. I swear long hair is so much work. One time I timed it, don't ask why, and it took me fourty minutes to completely dry my hair, meaning no damp spots at all. Ridiculous I know.

After finishing up my morning routine I make my way down the stairs to find and empty kitchen. Where was everyone? This would explain why no one woke me up this morning. I walk to the fridge and halfway pull open the door when I notice a note with my name on it. I pull it from under the unicorn magnet I made in the second grade and read it.

Farrah,

Your dad and I already left for his business trip. I put money on your card for groceries and anything you might need. Will call when we land, love mom.

PS: Heather is in charge until we get back. Please no arguing.

I sigh when I remember her telling me about this two weeks ago. I guess it just slipped my mind. Oh well a whole weekend without parents. I'm not complaining. I can do anything I want. I think I'll go wild. After all I deserve it after the week I've had. Yep eating pizza in my bed while watching Silent Hill. Fun night.