Chapter six - The Common Room

This chapter is dedicated to one of my best friends. Hope you enjoy it 

T. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lives POV

I was entranced by this boy, I had never met another who was as skilled as her at occumency. I was easily able to force my way in to the heads the other students but again he wasn't like the other students. 

We continued down long winding corridors past lots of empty classrooms. Each one had different magical objects in it , we passed the transfiguration classroom and the hospital wing. We continued to walk until we reached the grand staircase then we continued walking down. Our footsteps echoed through the corridors. We could have cut the tension with a knife. The silence was driving me mad. I needed to know who this person was and how he got so strong. I was told this would be an easy task but I was starting to realise why my father wanted to control this school. People like Tom possessed great power and potential. Who would let such a thing go to waste.

 I continued to walk down the corridors with Tom by my side. Couldn't help but notice he continued to shot glances at me and stare before snapping out of his trance. I hadn't used my ability's in years and I underestimated my self and what I could do even for a wizard as strong and talented as the one besides me I could still make them crumble. I smiled at the thought of all the lives and relationships I could ruin.

 "Something amusing,Live?" I shot him a 'do you think it's funny to talk like that' look. Tom stopped before a large dark stone door with a snake head protruding out of it. It was lit by dark emerald green flames that seemed to be floating in mid air. On both sides of the door where a large column with snakes engraved on them. "Mr Slytherin really did like his snakes" I begin to trace the engravings with my fingers fascinated by its beauty. "He was a parselmouth, that means-"

 "He could talk to snakes" I mumbled under my breath. I had always wanted to be born with the gift of parseltounge but I had to learn it the hard way. My father was very adamant that I learn parseltounge. He believed it was a way to communicate behind your back if I didn't. "Pure blood" I had completely forgotten about the boy who stood next to me. I watched as the stature slithered away and the stone door swung open revealing a dimly lit space. 

"This is the Slytherin common room" He stepped through the passage way he had to lower his head to fit in, clearing Salazar Slytherin wasn't expecting someone as tall as Tom to be in his house. I followed him into a large open room with two fireplaces at ether side of the room. The flames where a bight green colour to match the floating candles by the entrance. Both fireplaces were surrounded by sofas and chairs for people to sit on. Like the entrance there were columns places around the room each with snake engravings. There were windows but instead of having the bright full moon and the stunning celestial night sky there was murky dark water with a mixture of keep and seaweed which clung to the glass pains to avoid the fast moving current. 
"Well what do you think Live?" Tom asked turning his face toward me, and gestured towards the large room. "Its...... Nice enough, Tom" 

"you didn't say my name, Live"

 "Im sorry Tom did I hurt your feewings?" I laughed. 

"Very funny" he continued he didn't look like he found it amusing but I swear he smiled a little for a second. "As fun as it is talking to you I must ask where do I sleep?" He stretch his arm and pointed towards two doors at the end of the room. "The right one is the boys dorm and the left is the girls. I believe you are in room 23 with ...." He stained blankly at the Large door leading to the girls dorm. " Ah Alexa Hudson!" 

"What's she like?" 

"You'll have to find out" he looked at me a smirk forming across his face.

 "That's no fun just tell me whether she's nice or not, Tom"

 "She .... Tolerable, Live" he paused trying to find the words to describe my new roommate.
 "I have transfiguration with her she's always ether causing a ruckus or she's in the corner with her tongue down someone's throat" 

"How pleasant" I should judge a woman for her decisions but I was not looking forward to meeting her. "I'll leave you to unpack if you need help don't come and find me"

 "Really ...... room 46 right" he looked stunned and confused.

 "By the look on your little face I got it right" 

"How did you Oh. I said I didn't like people in my head Live." He walked closer cowering over me. "I'm sorry but -"

 "there's no buts you stay out of my head do you UNDERSTAND!" He leaned so close I could feel his hot breath on my neck. "Now up to your room, Live"