Chapter 85

Soon, Dumbledore left the house for some business, saying that he would be returning in a few hours, in time for the Order meeting.

Finding herself alone in the corridor, Jenna decided to go downstairs toward the kitchen, where Sirius was. But with each step that she took closer toward it, the louder the sound of Sirius's shoutings got.

"— and I swear to Merlin, Kreacher, if I hear you offend anyone that walks into this house, I will not hesitate to dismiss you!"

Once Jenna stepped inside the Kitchen, she saw Sirius standing before an old and grim-looking house elf, who was glaring up Sirius while shuddering in fear.

"Sirius?" Jenna called him out, getting his attention. "Do you want to go back upstairs?"

Giving her a curt nod after a short pause, Sirius turned to face Kreacher again, saying sharply, "Now you stay inside this kitchen and start cleaning! Don't come upstairs until I tell you otherwise!"

Kreacher bowed his head down, though he kept his eyes on Sirius, filled with obvious hatred. Sirius then turned around to leave the kitchen with Jenna, although they came to a halt when they heard Kreacher mumble under his breath,

"My Misstress's wicked child... back here after breaking my Mistress's heart and running away to a bunch of blood traiters..."

"Now listen here, you —!" Sirius snapped, moving rapidly toward the elf with his finger pointed at him warningly.

"Sirius!" Jenna caught his arm, holding him back. "Leave him be," she whispered.

Sirius still had his glare upon Kreacher, but with a huff, he shook his arm out of Jenna's grasp, moving out of the kitchen and going upstairs.

Jenna sighed, following Sirius up the stairs. She could still feel Kreacher's eyes on them and could hear his mumbles, but decided to ignore the house elf.

"I don't know what he's been doing in here all these years! This place is drowned in filth!" said Sirius angrily. "The others won't be here until a few more hours, so maybe he'll try to get something done by then and actually start cleaning."

"I think you should be gentler with him," said Jenna, walking into the parlor after Sirius. "He's been in here all alone for ages. Anyone would go mad and get frustrated. You can't really blame him."

"Oh, please," Sirius scoffed, rolling his eyes as he sat down on the couch, "he was just like this when I was younger!"

"Well, I guess we just have to tolerate him, now that we live here," Jenna said softly, sitting beside him on the couch and reaching out to hold his hand.

But she took aback and her heart sank when Sirius abruptly jerked his hand away from hers, avoiding her gaze.

"Okay, that's it!" Jenna finally let out in exhaustion, turning on her seat so she was now fully facing him. "You've been acting weird ever since we met at Remus's house! What is it!?"

"I told you," he started coldly, "I don't want to talk about it."

"If you don't talk about it, then how am I supposed to help you or — or to try and solve whatever it is that's bothering you!?"

"Jenna, don't push it —"

"We're supposed to be adults now, Sirius! So why can't you just act like one!" Jenna retorted. "When two people are in a relationship, then they're supposed to communicate with each other about their problems and feelings!"

"Like I said... I don't want to talk about it," Sirius snarled, now both of them glaring at each other.

"Fine," Jenna finally said, "if you don't want to be an adult about this and don't want to talk about it... then we won't talk about it."

But the next moment, she took Sirius completely off guard when she suddenly leaped forward and slammed her lips against his.

Sirius felt his breath get knocked out of his chest and his eyes widened. At first, he wanted to push her away and to protest, but he found himself kissing her back out of his control, closing his eyes.

With a sudden movement, Jenna pushed him back on the couch and deepened the kiss as she laid on top of him, against his chest. She could hear how loud his heart was beating.

This reminded her of the night of her seventeenth birthday, when they had sneaked out of the castle for some drink, and ended up kissing passionately in the common room.

Jenna then grinned lightly against his lips in triumph as she felt his hands travel down her body and hold onto her waist. She loved how he was helpless when it came to her touch.

With their lips still moving in sync, Jenna raised her hands and started to unbutton his shirt. She kept telling herself that she was just doing this to lower his guard, but the truth was that she ardently missed the feeling of having his hands all over her body.

In a quick motion, Sirius briefly pulled away from the kiss to take off her shirt, throwing it on the floor and leaving Jenna in her bra, before holding onto her face to bring her down for an even more passionate kiss.

For a second, Jenna bit down at his bottom lip, causing him to let out a growl. But she finally managed to drive him completely wild when she started to grind her hips against his, trailing kisses down his neck.

Although the next moment, they both jumped up in horror when they heard someone yelp at the doorway, "Oh, my goodness!"

     There was a woman at the doorway just a moment ago, who had now run away and back through the hallway, vanishing out of sight.

"Arthur, go back! Don't go in there!" They heard the woman shout in terror.

With a horrified look on their faces and their hearts still beating rapidly, Jenna and Sirius hurriedly started to put their shirts back on.

But just then, another frightening voice echoed through the whole house as they heard a woman shriek from upstairs, "WHO HAS DARED TO ENTER MY FATHER'S HOUSE! THIEVES! FILTHY THIEVES!"