CHAPTER-24

Small world

"Look at this crap,is that you Kritika?",Geet asked showing me a video on her phone.
It was the footage from the day when I showed up at that party and dragged Stefan to the lawn just appologize him for crashing his car.

"Fuck.I got over it finally, well here we got another.Why don't just people start minding there own damn buisness?You know what this mean world has ruined my best day!"

"What?Your best day?"

"Yes it was indeed my best day and look I'm wearing my lucky dress too".

"You look so comical dragging him out to lawn",she chuckled and rolled over the bed.

"Shut up Geet, don't piss me off.I'm not getting to use my social media either.On one hand it's good to stay away from all this toxicity and on the other hand we got so many nice pictures together , I can't post them anymore",I made a puppy face.

"It doesn't affect you anymore right? I don't believe you are acting this normal after your second video just got viral".

"Well I was atleast not making out here so it's a little less embarrassing btw I was not making out in the earlier video too.We were just really close",I said scrolling the comment section.

"Yeah,I saw the video. You don't have to explain",Geet said putting on a wierd expression."Okay then call Radhika and then she can get it removed from the internet".

"Honestly it doesn't matter anymore and I stoped caring about it.People already know my face and they know that we had a thing."

"What are you wearing tomorrow?", Geet asked diverting the topic.

"That blue dress",I pointed at the dress that was hung by the door.

"Don't you think those girls were a little overwhelming?",Geet asked as she pulled out the pillow setting her side of bed.

"I don't know,if our presence makes them happy we can give it a shot",I said unintrested.

I would say it's weird, how I promised  to never let it go and here I am letting everything go in its own ways and giving a damn about nothing. I don't like it this way, it's just not me and I am not who I used to be anymore.Ah!I just wish everything was normal and I never met Stefan and I would be straight out of this mess that I'm in right now.But then I would never meet him and will never know how amazing it feels to love him.I realized that I loved him after he was gone permanently.When he said he was leaving india,it did give me a jolt as I didn't want him to leave so soon so I took my last chance and we had a moment.When he was gone,out of contact,I felt miserable, pathetic and was drowned in self pity cause I will never get the love of my life and all it did was just ruin my normal life in not so normal way.I for some reason still wore that bracelet he gave me.I don't know but it gives me his presence,feels like he is around.I should move on from him,it's funny how I think about moving on every time but utterly fail to remove that bracelet.Stefan I suppose must have had countless flings with his assistant or may be a new girlfriend...One never knows and here I'm who can't even let go of a silly bracelet or may be I'm just keeping the promise I made him to never let it go.
......................….............................................
It was 7pm sharp and we arrived at the venue.We spent the whole day,sight seeing and we did have fun.It was huge huge place,I have never seen something like that before.I expected that to be a little less grand cause the girls looked very humble but it's all opposite here.If it was my wedding,I would never be able to afford this wedding,not even in a lifetime.

"Wow.I would like to be married in a place like this",I said as I looked around at some Indians and some English people all dressed elegantly.

"Yeah when you find a guy",she said bluntly.