꧁45꧂

"You know I heard you." Leta said, flicking at her nails as she looked out to the mountains around the grounds. James eyebrows furrowed as he pulled a leg up.

"When you were talking to Remus." She added, now looking at the messy haired boy. "You were spying on me." He said with a scowl before letting out a small snicker. "You did?" He asked with a smirk.

Slowly she nodded, pushing her hair behind her ear before moving up closer. "So, would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked with a smirk but as she sighed, it disappeared.

"Lily likes you quite a bit, and I told her we were nothing." She sighed, looking down and picking at the grass under her. "Hey," He whispered in a reassuring voice as he used a finger to lift up her chin and put her hands into his. "I'm not dating Lily so it doesn't matter."

"But James. Even talking to you could get me disowned." She said with desperation in her voice as her eyes glanced around the blossoming tree.

"You can stay with me if you do get caught." He said, holding onto her hands tighter and bringing them closer to her chest. "I love my family too much. I heard everything when my brother was disowned. I could hear my mother crying herself to sleep," She paused to take in a deep breath as if she was trying to hold back tears. "I can't do it to her and my sister again."

James looked down at their hands before letting go, using his hand to push her dark hair from her face. He then put his face closer so their nose touched. "It's your choice and if you don't want to, you don't have too." He whispered before he lifted up her chin and the exchanged a kiss.

"James! Come on! Sirius is looking for you!" Remus called from the nearby steps, his hands around his mouth but when he lowered them, Leta could see his small smile.

James placed a kiss on her forehead in a hurry and got up, running back to Remus to go back. "Mornin' Leta!" The taller boy called to the Slytherin who did a small wave back to him as they walked back.

Leta then stood up herself and exhaled put her nose. Her hand then graced the area of her cheek that James rested his hand on. She then began walking up the steps to her next class.

The Slytherin couldn't think of anything that day. She tapped on each desk she sat at for the rest of her lessons, letting a sigh of relief as the final bell rang. "Thank fuck for that." She muttered to herself as she left the classroom.

She hurried down the hallways when she bumped into James. "James!" She called, a smile growing on her face when he looked in her direction. He left Peter and walked over to her. Grabbing her elbows and spinning her around as he kissed her for a second.

"James, I was thinking." She paused for a split second and let out a disappointment sigh. James's face fell and he felt his heart sunk in his chest. "I'll pick you up, 7pm, Courtyard." She suddenly said, looking up at him with a wide smile. "Why did you do that?" He whined before a grin grew and he kissed her again, putting both hands on her waist.

"Wait, why are you picking me up?" He asked with a furrowed brow, his hands still on each side of her waist. "Because I'm a natural born leader." She announced with her eyes closed and hand on her puffed up chest.

"I'm the Gryffindor! We are the natural born leaders!" James exclaimed with wide eyes. She smirked before pulling him closer so she could whisper in his ear. "Ever heard of the dark lord?" When she pulled away, James nodded slowly.

This man, said be so inhuman and having slits for a nose, had slowly began rising to power and all muggle-borns were fearful. It was famiky gossip that Bellatrix and Rodolphus has gotten involved and became loyal followers of him, called death eaters.

"Now tell me again that Gryffindors are the best leaders. I don't support him and he is a cruel man but, Merlin's beard, is he a leader." She said, nodding and shaking her finger at the Gryffindor who shook his head.

"I'll be there." He said with a smile, placing a kiss on her cheeks quickly before walking back to Peter who stood there awkwardly and alone.

"Hurry James, it's almost 7pm." Remus said, hurrying James out of his dorm room, pushing his back. "You just want me out to be with Sirius." James replied in an annoyed voice, his arms crossed as Remus pushed him to the portrait. "Wow James. You should be a Ravenclaw." Remus said sarcastically, clapping at the boy who wore a broad smile.

James let out a small huff as he wandered down the hallways, avoiding Filch and Peeves. The warm spring air touched his face as he stepped out to the courtyard, his eyes immediately going to the Slytherin girl.