chapter 51

first: i need to start off with another speech

for those of you who are on hp tik tok, you are likely aware of the situation that has been going on over the past week or so. i felt that seeing as i have such a substantial following on here, i should speak out about it.

calling the fandom "toxic" is an understatement at this point— people have been straight-up harassing jewish and bipoc creators. there is just blatant racism, antisemitism, homophobia, and transphobia within the community— that is completely unacceptable and disgusting.

if i ever see anyone in my comment sections presenting any of these behaviors— i will not even bat an eye when i block you.

if you know of any bipoc or jewish creators please comment them here. i want to boost and follow as many as i can over on tik tok.

continuing:

marginalized creators are being harassed and silenced, and this is not something to take lightly. we cannot continue speaking about this like it's some sort of little fun internet drama to entertain us for the week.

the hp fandom has and probably always will be a breeding ground for horrible bigots like this— based on the creator and the subject matter of the books.

(fuck jkr. also fuck tom felton. stan daniel, emma, and rupert 🤝)

we all know that jkr based the books on n@zi's— which is a horrible thing to do. she should never have used them in an allegory when she is not a jewish person.

(look at @ ronsbustedwand 's tik tok on this, she explains it really well. you'll also be supporting a jewish creator!)

additionally, there is a big difference between simping for and stanning a character.

(hence my change in username)

draco malfoy in no way shape or form should be "stanned" or romanticized. and i understand that i'm literally saying this as someone writing a draco malfoy fan fiction, but in my books he is not the draco malfoy from canon.

it's basically a whole new character bc let's be fr, canon draco would not act like this 😐. he is not some little broken boy from a broken home. he was a spoiled little wizard n@zi who none of us should stan or feel bad for.

separate canon and fanon please. you can comment about feeling bad for draco on fanfictions where he deserves it. but stop generalizing your comments on tiktok when in canon— he does nothing to prove he deserves your sympathy.

stop romanticizing the dark mark, also. the comments people make whenever i bring up draco's about wanting y/n to get one as well make me super uncomfortable. because in the end, voldemort was modeled after hitler at the dark mark is a symbol of white supremacy. it's not some cute little fun thing to joke about.

ultimately: stand up for bipoc and jewish creators, and recognize the inherent bigotry fostered within the hp fandom— and do all you can to combat it.

my account is and always will be a safe space for anyone, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc, etc, etc.