Chapter 2 - The acquaintance

Maximus' pov:

-"I am very glad that the future King will be in the coronation of my son! It's really a great honor Alpha Maximus. Your reputation precedes you. You are one of the most remarkable and promising Alphas of your generation! Your father was one of the most powerful Alphas but I really think that you are far better than him!"

-"Thank you" I said in a flat tone. Everywhere I go I hear the same compliments. I am really sick of it!

- "Taking advantage of your presence here, I would also like to discuss a very important issue with you if you give me the time your Majesty" the Alpha of Crescent Moon pack got right to the point.

I'm so sick of this ex-Alpha attitude. I want people to tell me what really bothers them without all these compliments and formalities. Little does he know that in this way he's not going to gain anything from me. Plus, my wolf is acting weird and it's disorganizes me. He is getting restless by the minute. I don't know what happened to him, but I'm sure it can't be anything good. I really hope this pack doesn't do anything stupid or reckless because I'm going to make them pay dearly for it.

As the Alpha's rumbling continued, a wonderful smell hit my nostrils. It smelled like jasmine and gardenia. It was the most pleasant scent my nostrils have ever caught. I felt my wolf taking over while my eyes scanned the meeting room. It was then that my eyes caught her, a petite brunette. She was standing at the door ready to enter. Although petit she was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen! And she was standing just a few inches away from me. She was like a vision: long brown hair, hazel almond eyes and a lean body with curves. She was wearing a long black pencil skirt and a white shirt above. The sexiest on her was her black patent leather high heels. The first thought I made was that her body structure suggested a low order wolf. But she was too well dressed for an omega. Maybe they gave her these clothes because of my visit or she is one of the high-ranking wolves' concubines.

-" She is my partner. No one can lay a hand on her. Don't say she's someone's concubine" my wolf said angrily. "I want to mark her right here, right now. She's magnificent!" my wolf said and leapt with joy.

-"Hold your horses Drako. You can't possibly believe that a simple omega can be my mate. So do not expect from me anything spontaneous. Besides I already have a Luna, Jina" I told my wolf.

-"Are you completely nuts? Jina is not our Luna. We can't make a Luna some chick you f@ck....Besides she is fake and too ugly for our taste" Drako contradicted.

-"Speak for yourself pal".

-"So Alpha Maximus what do you think about our plan? Do you think that it has any possibilities?" Jake asked me interrupting my inner conversation with Drako.

-"Huh? .....I am sorry but this trip exhausted me. I would suggest a half an hour break if you don't have any objections".

-"Of course...absolutely none... your Majesty! Please forgive us for not letting you rest enough. I will immediately inform the omegas to bring more beverages and snacks" Richard told me with the well-known servitude that possessed him.

-"Go ask her name. I want to know who my mate is" my wolf coaxed me.
-"Relax Drako I will, clearly not for the same reasons as you".

-" Τhe well-known and ruthless Αlpha does not admit to sharing anything even with his wolf. May I ask your Majesty what those reasons are?"

-"Cut it out Drako. I am already fed up with this idiot who's calling me Majesty all the time. I cannot bear to hear you say it also."

-"Ok, ok I'll stop it. But you didn't tell me the reason you want to meet her" he said playfully.