Part 36

Sam was rushed to a hospital and was immediately attended by the best doctors.  He reluctantly left and waited outside because the doctors cannot do their work properly when he is hovering her and growling when they were inserting needles and doing some test on her. 

He can't lose her.  They will start a new life together. Not exactly like that. They were doing things slowly and it's okay for him as long as she's happy and she's not running away from him anymore. He'll wait a lifetime till she's fully prepared to mate with him. He'll do anything for her. 

Before the moon was on its peak, he and Ben's team are already searching . His senses heightened because of the moon. He close his eyes and breathed, trying to connect himself to her. He could feel her, it means she's still alive and that was what gives him the strength to continue searching.  He knows she's alive but he can't find where she is and it was driving him crazy.  When the moon finally reached its peak he run as fast as he can when he caught a familiar scent. Hers.

He run as fast as he can and the others followed his lead. The faster he run the stronger the scent. His wolf's eyes narrow,more determine to find their mate. He let his wolf guide him to their mate. Soon a house that stand alone in the woods came to view from a distance. He continue running because that's where his senses leads him. He slow down and left a distance so not to alarm anyone and put Sam in more danger than she already is.

 From where he is he can see a small light inside. He shift into his human form, slowly and silently walk towards the house. He look exactly like a predator that he is,ready to devour his victim. When he reach the house, he stood back behind the door and listen for any sound. He can hear a woman speaking. Then he heard her. Her voice was low but he can hear her. He sigh a relief knowing that she's still alive. 

He tensed when he heard a heart beat getting slow. With a clenched jaw he smashed the door and get inside. He look around and saw another door. He run and put force into it more than necessary. It was smashed into pieces. And in his eyes he saw the woman on the floor struggling to get up and reach for a silver knife. Then his eyes landed on his mate. Graciella stood and with much hatred tried to stab Sam but Lloyd was faster . Without a second thought he grabbed the woman's neck and break it like it's just a brittle stick. He throw her lifeless body in the wall like the piece of junk that it is on his eyes.  He  hurriedly check on his mate and his heart broke on the sight of her. She look like a mess, she's bleeding and scratches on her body. With a single slash, he freed her from the rope that was holding her frail body. He lift her and carry her out the house.

Ben was outside dealing with a wolf he didn't care to know who. Ben was beating the life out of him and he doesn't care a bit because obviously he's a part of this trouble. If he deal with him his miserable life would last longer than necessary so he could slowly and painfully torture him. 

**********

"Alpha, she finally awake," Said the doctor who came out from the ICU. 

Lloyd jumped from his seat and started towards the door.

" I'm sorry but you can't see her yet."

"What? You said she's awake, I wanna see her."

"I know, but she's been through a lot. It's better if you let her rest for a while."

"He's right Alpha." It was Ben. He walk just in time the doctor came to Lloyd and informed him of Sam's .

Lloyd looked at him and looked at the floor. Defeat is obvious in his eyes. Ben pat his back. 

"I'm worried too as much as you do. She means a lot to me too." Ben smile sadly.

Lloyd look at him confused.

" Don't give me that look. " Ben sigh before he continue.

"She's my daughter, my long lost daughter. I'll tell you the details if you join me for a coffee. You look a mess. She's not gonna like it if she would see you like that. "

Ben motion him to follow and he quietly follow him to a cafeteria.

************

It took Sam a week before finally getting a little better. Silver dust was harder to get out from her body and few of her internal organs took a while to recuperate. 

She was sitting comfortably on her bed when Lloyd  rushed beside her. Lloyd gently took her hand and rubbed his other hand on hers. 

They were both quiet for a minute. Not knowing what really to say and just enjoying the feel of each other. Lloyd lifted her hand and kissed it.

"Thank you for saving me." Sam smile at him. 

"You know I would give my life for you. I was so scared I thought I might not see you again."

" I was scared too. And I'm glad it's finally over. "

Ben clear his throat and walked beside her. Sam cover her mouth and tears fell from her eyes. 

" Don't cry. You're mom would definitely kill me if she know I'm the cause of those tears."

Sam pressed her eyes together and sob. She almost lost the chance to see her father again. To finally hug him and call him dad.

Ben hug her and they both cry. 

"You...you're my...father."

"I know sweetie. Your old man is here."

Sam's eyes grew and looked at her father.

"I have this feeling you and I are connected and Garry confirmed everything . You don't have any idea how long I've waited to finally hear my own daughter call me dad. Finally, after all those years thinking what could have happen to you, you are finally in my arms again." 

Ben wiped her tears. And they both smile at each other.

"Hey, I'm still here just in case you two forgot."

"Nah. Let me tell you this boy.."

Lloyd's brow creased.

"I don't care if you're a fucking deadly Alpha. You hurt my daughter  you're dead."

"Hey man, I thought we're good."

Ben pat his shoulder and smile.