Chapter 8

I changed out of my sweats into my black jeans. Putting the gun back in the waistband of my jeans, I also strapped two of my karambit knives around my right ankle. I always did this when I went out especially in large crowds and I was sure we would be going to some high end mall. And I know from experience that you always have to be on high alert, also the few people who have seen Knight Ryder in her most deadliest form can be a real problem for me.

And before you start, let me explain. Yes I am talking about killing people and no I wouldn't call myself an assassin. It all started when I met my best friend Eren, he was a year older then me and he was an orphan. We had started becoming really close friends he was kind of like my safe haven away from my parents and home. We loved each other to death, when he turned 10 he was adopted by a Turkish couple. Eymen and Zehra. Both of them wanted to take him back to Turkey but we both practically begged them to let him stay, once they had actually seen how close we were both of them gave in.

When I turned twelve and Eren turned thirteen I had told him about the abuse and how I had started training with an underground gym owner. As soon as he found out Eren practically flipped and asked me again and again to move in with him, I told him that even with him I wouldn't necessarily be safe I also couldn't risk him getting hurt. That was when he finally told what his new parents really did for a living. They were the leaders of the Turkish mafia. Even after that I was still afraid that if I move in with him he might get hurt.

His parents found out, of course they didn't know the whole story just the part about me needing to learn how to protect myself and coincidentally the owner of the underground gym worked for the Turkish mafia. His parents instructed him to teach me everything ranging from street fighting, to fighting with knives, guns and another assortment of weapons. I was a fast learner and after only half a year I was what you could only classify as deadly. I told Eren that I was handling the situation at home, I know he never believed me but thankfully didn't question it much.

As Eymen saw what I was capable of he thought I could be a valuable asset to him. He started by having me get rid of small people the ones that were just minor inconveniences but soon he learned how sadistic and crazy I got when I was in action. So he decided to me only doing some his most biggest enemies, the ones he had real beef with. Me and Eren started doing these jobs together, I was the one who did the torture while Eren finished the the person off.

We had the best time on these missions. Unfortunately when I turned fourteen, Eren had to move to turkey with his family for his further training. I still remember how we both cried for hours just holding each other. Even his parents were sad but we all knew that there was no other way around it. Eren had to be trained as he was the heir and I was his best friend so I was going to support him. We didn't get to see each other after that. Only through face time.

I still got the projects for time to time and they gave me good money So it wasn't too much trouble. I just put the final bullet in their head now too. We were still closer than ever and just talking to him brought me peace. I knew that if he was still with me there was a reason to live.

When I went downstairs only Dante was there sitting on the couch in the living room talking with someone on the phone. He looked up as I entered and smiled at me which I returned. Sitting down beside him I remembered that I haven't talked to Eren in a few days given all the drama. So decided to text him.

( Kate's name for Eren- The Devil 😈
Eren's name for Kate- The Slayer 🗡🩸)

Slayer🗡🩸- Hey!

Devil😈⛓- Yo!

Slayer🗡🩸- I have major news to share

Devil😈⛓- Everything okay? What is it?