Anniversary Celebrations

"What is happening Rohan? Where are you taking me to? At least remove this blindfold.",says Sid as he is escorted by Rohan. He replies, "Arey bro, relax. There is a surprise for you. Trust me you will be happy. Just a few more minutes." Sidharth wears a simple white shirt, a blazer over it.

Sid is made to sit and Rohan opens his blindfold. He takes a minute to adjust to the light. He finds himself in a living room of Rohan's apartment. He looks to his side to find Sana sitting. She is wearing a beautiful gown in blush pink. She is glowing in the attire with full makeup and jewellery. Sid smiles at her and looks at Rohan, "Why are we here? What is going on?" Soon Jaanvi, Rajat, Shini and Rinky and their friends Vivek and Kriti come out. Jaanvi says," We are here to celebrate your anniversary." Sidharth says, "So to celebrate our anniversary you people had to kidnap me. Really?" "Yes because you would not have come if we had told you the reason. Boring insaan ho tum. ", says Jaanvi laughing. "No he is not boring. He is .. hmm.. The silent, thoughtful types. Intellectual types. Yes. ", chips in Sana. "Acha? Pehle toh bada bolti thi, khadoos, boring.. etc. abhi thoughtful types. Karo karo apne pati dev ki tarif karo, support him now.", Jaanvi says in a teasing tone. "Yes of course she will support me. You will also do it in a few months. Don't worry. Kyun wifey?", Sid replies and Sana nods her head smiling.

"Uff! Please you all stop now. One married and another engaged couple don't leave a moment to be in their own world. We, the single people are getting bored.", screams Shini. Rajat says,"Shini is correct. Abhi let's proceed with the purpose of our coming here." They get busy in some arrangement while Sana whispers into the ears of Sid, "See how he is supporting her. These are the signs of affection. I am telling you, they both will be the next couple." Sid stares at her and whispers, "Khud toh mujhe pyar karti ho samjhe ne mein itna time laga diya, dusro ki feelings bada samjh jati ho. Please I don't want Shini to think all those things. She should not hamper her studies. " Sana pinch him hard and he screams. Everyone stares at him as he rubs his arm, making an apologetic face, "Machar tha.." "Do you want to keep your sister unmarried at home? no na. Then? Rajat is a good boy, from a good family. He is working in such a good company. What else do we need? Let their love blossom, you stay out of it. Otherwise you will be bitten by many more mosquitoes. ", she threatens

Sid decides to stay silent after that. Rohan says, "Okay guys. Everything done?" They all nod their heads as he says again, "Okay my dearest brother Sidharth, the angry young man of the house, you got married to our sweet and innocent friend one year ago in a simple court registry. Except Shini and Rinky, we here didn't get to witness their union. And forget the reception party. So we have decided to be the witness of a real wedding again and then have a party." Sana looks at him confused, "You two are so desperate that you both are getting married today?" Jaanvi slams her head as Sid pats on her back, "Bravo Sana! Kya dimag hai! Rohan along with sweet and innocent, you forgot one more adjective to add, gadhi. " "Haye ismein gadhi wali kya baat hai? Real wedding aur kiski hogi?", she says making a face. Everyone say in union, "Tum dono ki!"

They make the couple stand and Sid says, "What is all these yaar? Fine I had avoided the reception so I am ready to take you all out for dinner at any restaurant you ask. But getting married again? This is very uncomfortable." Rohan says, "You are marrying your own wife. Not any stranger. And here we all are friends and family only. C'mon be a sport. " "Wohi toh! Already I have married this one and only unique piece once. Just think I have to marry her again. This is actually too .." Sana stares and Sid completes, "Privilege it's a privilege . I am honoured to marry her. Love you baby.." Everyone laughs as he hugs her.

Rajat says, "There are no pandits today but I will officiate the marriage. So let's start. Ladies and Gentleman. Today we are gathered here to mark the holy matrimony of this beautiful couple. If anyone has any objections to why these two shouldn't get together, must say now or forever.." Rohan hits him on his head, "You are not in the USA and this is not an actual Church wedding. And they are already married dude, so who is going to object? Drama band kar..Give the garlands and start the normal ritual." All laugh as Rajat rubs his head, "Fiiineee.. Actually I was lost in the process.. But why not make it an amalgamation of all the weddings? It will be fun!" Shini joins him, "Yes it will be," Sana stares at Sidharth who gives out a deep breath.