Chapter 65

Third pov

After her talk with Chat things started happening quickly.

The most notable being;

Adrien's aunt slamming Gabriel with a lawsuit and a demand for custody.

Nino being officially recruited. (Adrien, bless his soul, had taken care of that)

Kagami had told her mother about her superhero status.

Damian informing her that the JLA is deciding which heroes can be sent to Paris without risking mass destruction.

The investigation in the school ending up deeming Bustier and Damocles unfit to care for kids.

The last one ended with the ones in the class still in Lila's corner giving her crap for it and her former teacher being akumatized THREE times in a week. (That had been her breaking point for just how much she was willing to feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for the bitch.)

Marinette was honestly starting to feel everything wearing on her. It made her feel older than she has a right to feel as a teen.

"Are you alright, beloved?" Damian was petting Titus on the other side of the screen.

"Maybe. I don't know." Marinette sighs. "I'm feeling tired."

"In what way?"

"The i-would-really-like-to-get-off-this-ride kind of tired. There's always something happening. Be it Lila, Hawkmoth or people just being assholes."

Damian chuckled. "I doubt they hold long against you."

Despite the bone deep tired feeling, she feels her lips twitching. "No, they really don't. Besides, there's not many in my class against me now. I don't really know what happened but it's like a cloud has lifted. The only one that seems fully dertmined to stay with Lila is Alya, and even she seems unsure about doing so."

Damian had a curious look on his face. "Have they switched personality in any way?"

Marinette has to think. "Kinda. The ones that were firmly on Lila's side act like they've done a 60° turn. I know Kim at least has pulled into himself and act like he's ashamed of the last years."

She noticed the calculating look on her boyfriends face. "What is it?"

"It's just a theory for now, but before i say anything. Did your classmates appear to just, change personalities over night, when the Rossi girl showed up?"

Marinette nods. It had been gradual of just how bad it had gotten but in the beginning it was like most of the class had just switched opinions on her over night.

"It might be possible that Rossi is a weaker meta-human."

Marinette doesn't know what to feel about that.

It makes sense.

But it also means that Lila just showed up and decided to destroy her social circle, for what? Shits and giggles?

Somehow that possibility almost pisses her off just as much as the possibility that her classmates just decided to get a newer model, so to speak.

"Now i wish we'd talked more about this while i was in Gotham."

Damian nods. "Yes, but you were still recovering, to the best of your abilities, from Joker. For your own sake, it might not have done any good to discuss your classmates then."

They both go quiet.

Marinette sighs again.

"Any news on who you want to send here?"

"Yes. Timothy and i have a set date on arrival since we are the ones that would look least out of place at the moment. The Justice League want to send Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Aquaman, Black Canary and if they have your permission John Constantine, Zatanna and Wonder Woman."

She picked up a cookie from her desk as she thought it over. "Aquaman will need to be close to the water, The Flash and Black Canary can stay where they feel like as long as they don't get in the way, same for Martian Manhunter. They can not under any circumstances try to intervene unless Chat or i tell them it's the final showdown. As long as Diana can assure me that she can keep her temper in check, she is allowed to come.

As for John and Zatanna...."

Damian raised an eyebrow.

"If the city is destroyed by something of their making, anyone is possessed by a demon or if they (I'm talking about John here) makes our work more difficult, I'm not going to have mercy. They will especially need to lay low. I do not want Hawkmoth making akumas out of real magic users." She said sternly.

Damian looks amused. "Understood. And i here i thought i would need to tell you who they are."

"Nope. Believe it or not, i know about them through Tikki. And before you ask, no, i don't know how she knows them and i will not ask." She finished with biting into her cookie.

Just as Damian was about to say something, the akuma alarm went off.

The teen hero groaned knowing she had to go. "Sorry Dami, i gotta go. Talk to you later."

"Stay safe, beloved."

******************************************************************

Damian finishes his preparations for going to Paris. He's already gotten a place at the same school as Marinette and her friends for the duration of his stay there.

"Have you finished packing your bags Master Damian?" Alfred asks.

"I have. I am currently waiting for Tim to be done with his paperwork."

Alfred nodded. "Is young Master Kent visiting before you leave for Paris?"

Damian nods. "He is. He and his family will be with the ones on stand by in case of emergency in Paris."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)