Chapter 35

The next morning, Elsie's eyes fluttered open to see a sleeping James Potter in front of her. His forehead was pressed against hers, drool was coming out of his partially opened mouth, and his glasses were crookedly tilted on his face. Elsie giggled realizing he must have forgotten to take his glasses off before he fell asleep.

She gently reached over and took off his glasses, placing them on the nightstand next to the bed. She turned back to face him and thought about the sleeping boy.

Her left hand found its way onto his cheek as she lovingly caressed the side of his face. Everything about the boy in front of her drove her crazy. The way his hair messily fell over his forehead, the way he always slept with his mouth slightly ajar, his long eyelashes that gently swept across his under eyes while sleeping, the slow rising and falling of his chest, the way his hands somehow always found their way around Elsie's waist. It drove her absolutely mad.

Her gaze trailed down to his right hand that was casually resting on her hip. She quietly gasped as she noticed that his knuckles were lined with cuts and bruises, remembering the events that took place yesterday. A frightening shiver ran down her spine as she recalled the ways that Mulciber had touched her and the words he had said to her.

She tightly closed her eyes and tried to force the memories out of her head, failing to notice that James' eyes began to flutter open. Elsie's hands begun to shake as the foreign, unwelcome feeling of Mulciber's hands trailing up her thighs ran through her head. James sleepily brought his hand over hers that was resting on his face.

He intertwined his fingers with hers and slowly pulled her hand down to his mouth, placing a soft kiss on the back of her shaking hand. "What's wrong, Els?" his raspy morning voice sounded out as her eyes snapped opened and locked with his.

"Nothing," she tried playing it off, but his words kept bouncing around in her thoughts.

"I don't believe you," James spoke quietly to the girl whose head was resting less than a few inches away from his.

Elsie wanted to ignore her thoughts, but couldn't get rid of the disgusting words Mulciber had said to her. Before she even knew what she was doing, her mouth subconsciously let out the words she wanted to say.

"Does everyone think I'm a slut?" She quietly asked as her gaze dropped from his in embarrassment.

James had almost choked on his own spit at the words that came out of her mouth. His body stiffened as he abruptly sat up while grabbing his glasses and looking bewilderedly at his best friend. Elsie copied his actions and sat up in the bed next to him, as he placed his hands on either side of her face.

"Why would you ever ask that?" He asked her while gazing into her eyes both sadly and curiously, "Of fucking course not, Els."

She dropped her gaze in embarrassment once again, before stuttering out, "I don't know, after he said that to me I can't stop thinking-,"

Her sentence was cut off when James growled out, "After who said that?"

Elsie's eyes snapped up to his when she remembered that she purposely left out what Mulciber had said to her because she knew her boys wouldn't take it lightly. She began nervously biting her lip as James brought his hand up to her mouth and slipped his thumb in between her bottom lip and top row of teeth to stop her from chewing on it.

"Who, Els?" He growled lowly again, clearly not happy about the fact that someone had called her that.

"Mulciber, yesterday when he..." Elsie's sentence trailed off while watching James angrily jumping out of bed and changing into casual clothes, seeing as today was Sunday and there were no classes. She followed him out of the bed, ignoring the blush rushing onto her face at seeing him getting undressed and dressed again, as he tossed her a pair of sweatpants and a jumper. She quickly changed before watching James storm out of the room.