Chapter 195: Transcendents

The Emporium,

Aygorzi, Merriheim.

7:57 a.m. 17th Banem 1092.

The Emporium was home to many different facilities, from shops to services like salons and repair shops. The megamall also hosted several conference rooms that could be booked to hold meetings.

A member of staff led Kashi and his entourage to a small conference room. Even this room was not spared the Maggots' royal treatment. The room was lit by beautiful magelights hanging from the ceiling, shining a light on the lovely artworks hung on the walls. The chairs were designed to match real-life swivel chairs, but these were much more comfortable.

Kashi took a seat at the head of the rectangular table that occupied most of the room's space, with Brock and Leila at either side of him. Lunette, Shadow, and then Larsial sat down beside Leila, while Absalon and then Asha sat next to Brock.

Kashi looked around the table and was about to speak when a sudden knock on the door made him pause. He turned to the door as it opened and had to suppress a chuckle and a groan as a notorious head peeked into the room with his trademark evil grin.

"Yo," Syèl greeted as he looked at Absalon. "I got your message. Something fun's going down?"

"Get in there," a voice berated from beyond the door as Syèl was pushed into the room. Shokō soon revealed herself, an enchanting smile on her face as she nodded her greeting at the room. "I apologize for our tardiness. We got somewhat lost in the mall."

"Ah, it's fine. We just got here ourselves," Kashi consoled and then pointed towards the chairs. "Please take a seat," he offered, and then added as he glanced at Syèl, "You too."

Kashi's words proved unnecessary for the blood mage, as Syel had already begun pulling out a chair for himself before Kashi offered. Shokō shook her head and then nodded apologetically at Kashi before taking a seat opposite Syèl to maintain the balance.

"Did you call Jade too?" Kashi asked, unwilling to begin if Jade was going to come walking in, in a few minutes.

"No, I didn't," Absalon said as he regretfully shook his head. "Jade said she's at a critical point in her experiments and should not be interrupted unless immensely important."

"Huh? Wasn't Jade the MC?" Syèl asked, brow raised.

"Yes, but only so she could show off the prototype skyboat to the public to raise awareness," Absalon explained.

"Wait, MC?" Kashi asked, speaking for those who were completely lost. "What event did she MC?"

"Ah, yes, I forgot you weren't here," Absalon muttered as he looked at Syèl and Shokō. "These two held an exhibition match to commemorate the opening of Aygorzi's Emporium."

Kashi's eyes sparkled at the mention of a fight. "Wait, they fought? What was it like? Was it real or staged?"

"It was a magnificent battle," Brock attested with an affirmative nod. "The kind you rarely get to experience in a lifetime. At some point, I forgot it was supposed to be an exhibition match. It was like watching a true deathmatch without any hostility involved. One wrong move and either or both would have lost their lives."

"Really?" Kashi exclaimed, and the Maggots all sighed as they recognized the excitement in the daeben's eyes. Almost like clockwork, they all knew the next words that would come out of his mouth. "Who won? Wait, no, more importantly, let's go fight after this, the three of us."

"Not now," Leila cut him off. "We have a more important mission to accomplish, remember? You can fight later."

"Besides, I'm still in recovery after fighting the Prince," Syèl complained as he massaged his shoulder. "Even with the best potions, healers, and my regeneration, it still took over ten hours to fully recover from our battle. Her sword ki is too sinister."