Chapter forty eight

A couple of weeks had gone by: honestly I'm not quite sure how long only that I haven't slept since whenever I last saw Anakin, which thankfully was sooner than first thought out when he left. After a week of rest of Coruscant Ari and I where finally reassigned. I was to escort senator Amidala to a meeting on Naboo while Ari was sent to join Anakin for a mission. I of course wished to go with her but Anakin assured me over hologram the situation was far less dire than the council made it out to be...however I was well aware from Obi Wams report he was just saying that to make me feel better. Anyway I ended up joining him unexpectedly with Padmè when the coordinates the chancellor gave us landed our ship in the middle of his battle. Honestly I sometimes feel like that mans out to get me: I'm probably just paranoid but I swear sometimes he just glares at me when my backs turned only to act all sweet when we speak. He's just a strange old man.

Right anyway, so apart from nearly being found out by Grevious and sneaking a quick kiss from Anakin while the other to were distracted that rest of that mission was fairly standard. Fairly standard meaning chaos as usual of corse. But now I had much more on my mind since the council had final assigned me a cruiser: my own faction of the 501st as well, which of course I'd asked to be marked by purple. If anyone says it's not a 'manly' colour on them I swear I punch them so hard there strained purple. We've been named the 502nd assist faction, smaller than most battalions but still a formidable force. So far we've mostly just provided aid to a couple of others Jedi masters though that was daunting enough without Anakin at my side. Thank the gods for Ari, Dice and Fives, they've certainly helped keep Anakins reckless spirit alive aboard ship.

Currently we're returning from supplying medical equipment to the outer rim sieges. It's a good thing we didn't have to stay longer, last time we were posted near the front lines Anakin got extremely anxious and over protective. That was why I hadn't told him where I was going on this occasion, he hadn't asked so I figured it was best for his focus and the safety.

"Incoming transmission for you ma'am." One of the deck officers called up to where I was stood on the un-handrailed bridge. Seriously, all this tech and no handrail? Did we run out of money or something? With that thought near alway in the back of my mind these days I turned round and gave a nod.

"Alright, pull it up." I responded taking a step towards the holotable. I won't lie it felt pretty amazing at times to stand up and look out across the stars knowing a whole ship was at my command...and at other times it felt terrifying.

"Master!" The blue image of Ahsoka exclaimed as the image flickered to life. My brows furrowed slightly in confusion but contrary to that a smile grew across my face. I was of course very happy to see the girl again.

"Ahsoka? It's so good to see you," I responded joyfully though as my eyes scanned her expression that joy faltered and my smile fell to a frown. She looked, distressed. "Is something wrong? You look, tense." I asked in addition, observing her with mild worry.

"It's Anakin and master Kenobi...they went after Count Dooku and now we can't find either of them, I'm worried something might've happened." The girls responded apparently looking to me for assistance in the matter. Which of course I was going to give, by going there myself. Though I must admit I had some questions about why they hadn't informed me they'd be going after Dooku, in fact I hadn't even heard of such a mission.

"Dooku you say?" I responded as the words passed through my mind. "Don't worry Ahsoka I'll be right over, just send your coordinates and we'll come to help scan the near system for them." I added to try and bring some clarity to conversation and assure the young padawan things would be fine.

"Thank you master, I appreciate your help." She responded before the hologram cut off. I stepped back to address the bridge: wondering in the back of my mind where Ari was, though that didn't matter I could tell her later.