overprotective dad

Warnings: none :)

Info: this isn't an imagine, it's a drabble (that's why it's shorter)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No."

"But dad-"

"I said no, Maddie."

"Ugh!" Your daughter walked upstairs and locked herself in her bedroom.

You turned to look at your husband, "Honey, maybe we should give him a chance."

"No way. I know what boys her age want to do and I won't let him do it to our daughter!"

"Babe, we gotta trust her. Plus, he seems like a really nice guy. Did you not see how scared he was when he arrived here? He's scared of you!"

Chris turned to look at you with a doubtful look.

"So what? You think we should let her go on this date?"

"Yep," you popped the 'p', "We'll talk with her and tell her what she should and shouldn't do. She's seventeen! Our daughter is smart and she knows how to take care of herself, honey."

"I guess you're right. But if that boy does something to our baby, I'll kill him."

"Oh, don't worry. If he does something he shouldn't, I'll kill him too. But she ain't our baby anymore. Is she?"

Chris frowned, "No."

"Our little princess is all grown up. Going on dates even. We sure as hell did not see this coming." You laughed.

He chuckled, "Yeah. Imma go talk to her."

"Go, babe." He kissed you and headed upstairs to talk with your daughter.

You shook your head and smiled. Boy, are we getting old.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed this drabble! Also, a new chapter of French Kiss is out now! Love you 🤍