Chapter 37

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't updates in a few weeks. I've been really busy with school and was experiencing writers block for this chapter, so this chapter might not be the best. Anyways, thank you for the supporting my story; I am at 140K views and it means so much to me.

Once we got to the kitchen, I saw all of my brothers there, which was strange since usually my younger older brothers are off doing their own thing. I see Savio at the stove, cooking something that looks like spaghetti; Enzo sitting at the counter on his computer; Luca scourging the fridge for something; Matteo and Fabiano chatting. Walking up to the counter, I take a seat next to Enzo with Nic. 

"Hey, Bambina. What have you been up too?" asked Enzo.

"Nothing really. How's work going?"

"Terribly. I'm trying to close this deal, the one with Michael's family, but Mr. Russo is being a pain in the ass."

I laughed. "When isn't he one? I mean, he did say that I needed to be the 'perfect little Mafia Princess' and I hope you guys know that that is never going to happen."

"Don't worry. We know and we won't ever try to change you." said Nico.

I raise my eyebrow at him. "Really?"

"Well, before we would have, but now? No."

"Good cause if you did try, we would have some issues." I said seriously.

"Duly noted." said Enzo and went back to working on his computer. 

About five minutes pass of silence and Nico excuses himself to use the bathroom. Once he exits the room, though, his phone, which was still on the counter, rings. Savio steps away from the stove to grab the phone, trying to see who it is.

"Does anybody know who Gabe is?" asked Savio when he looked at the phone. My head shoots up.

"No. Answer it and see who it is." said Enzo, looking up in curiosity.

"Wait. I mean, obviously Nic knows who it is so why do you need to answer it." I said quickly.

"Well, we don't and this guy could be a criminal for all we know." Luca defended.

"I highly doubt that he would befriend a criminal, but if you really want to make sure, I will answer the call. I have great intuition when it comes to identifying a good or bad guy." I say, hoping they give me the phone. Luckily, Savio gives me the phone and I quickly answer it.

"Hello?" 

"Hey. This is definitely not Nico, so I'm assuming it is Liliana."

"And you would be correct. Nic unfortunately isn't here right now, but once he comes back, I'll make sure to tell him that you called."

"Okay, thank you. And can you tell him to come to the condo tonight. You can come too if you want; I just need to talk to him about something important." He said and I start to worry a little.

"Okay. I'll tell him. He will probably call you back in about five minutes."

"Got it. Bye Liliana."

"Bye Gabe." I hang up the phone and pretend that I don't see my brothers looking at me. After a few minutes, Savio lets out an annoyed breath.

"Well? Who was it? What did he want?" he asked.

"It was Gabe. He is one if Nic's friends and needed to ask him something." I said vaguely.

Enzo says, "Well why have none of us heard of him?"

"I don't know. Ask Nico."

"Ask Nico what?" said Nic, walking back into the room.

"Who Gabe was? He was calling you."

I could see Nic freaking out a little. "He is a friend of mine. Did you answer the phone?"

Luca said, "No, Liliana did."

"Yeah, I did and you should probably call him back now." I say and he quickly grabs his phone to go to another room.

Everybody goes back to what they were doing before and I decide to read this new novel that I got on ebooks. About ten minutes later, Nic come back into the room and Savio declares that lunch is ready so we all go sit at the dining table.

After a few minutes of eating, Luca speaks up. "So what did this 'Gabe' want?"

"He was just asking if I wanted to join him later at the bar, so I'll probably leave at 8:00pm. Nic lied.

"Okay, well I guess you are going to be on your own tonight, Liliana. Cause Savio and I have to take care of some business and your other brothers are going to go hang out with their friends." said Enzo.

"Then can I invite Val over?" I ask, hopefully.

"Sure, just make sure she comes before I leave so I can meet her." He said and I quickly nod my head before sending her a text.

Me

Do you want to come hang out at my house tonight?

Val

Sure. Can I get there around 7?

Me

Yep. That works.

Val

K. Also, are Liam and Cole coming as well? Or is it just a girls night?

Me

Well, I'm pretty sure my brothers would kill Cole if he came. Besides, I have a few things I need to talk to you about.

Val

Ohh. Ok, I'll probably bring a bag just incase I stay over.

Me 

Sounds good. See you later. Oh and here's the address.

I send her the address and put my phone away before continuing to eat. Once we finished up, Nic and I went into the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"So what did Gabe really want?" I ask.

"He was actually telling me that his father wants to meet me. We didn't get to discuss it too much which is why I'm going over tonight." He said emotionless, scrubbing the dish hard.

"Is his dad not nice or something? You don't sound too excited." I point out.

"It's just, from what Gabe has told me, his dad is not a huge supporter of the LGBTQ community. And by that, I mean he doesn't support it at all."

"So are you going as his friend or as his boyfriend?"

"That is what we are going to discuss tonight. Now enough about me. What are you planning on doing with Val?" he said, trying to change the subject.

"Well, while you have things to discuss with Gabe, I have things I need talk about with Val."

"Does it have anything to do with Cole?"

"Maybe, but it also has to do with the rival gang thing." I say, drying my hands with the towel.

"I hope you work out your problems."

"Right back at you." And with that, we both went to our respective rooms.