Chapter 23

I heard some racket down stairs and George crying. I grabbed my gun from my bag and held it in my hand. I sprinted down the stairs because I knew George never cried. As I came down the stairs the door was lying broken on its hinges, like it had been forced to open. I quickly put my gun up and was about to walk in when somebody disarmed me. They grabbed my arm and walked me into the dining room. They let me go. I turned around to see who it was. It was Grant. I looked for Chloe and George. I saw Chloe on the floor and rushed over to her. She was bleeding out so I checked her for a pulse. Nothing. She was gone. I was to late. I ran over to Grant, punching and kicking him.

"You killed her!" I said and I punched him in the gut, "You killed Her! Where's George?!" I screamed at him. He quickly grabbed my by the arm again. It was only one arm so I used the other to punch him in the face. He let go of my arm. I ran to the front room to see if George was there. He was. He was playing happily with his toys.

"I didn't want him to get bored." Grant said as he was walking through the door, holding a cloth to his head, "So I played with him while I waited for you. You took ages."

"Why didn't you kill him." I said out of the blue.

"What?" He said, questioning me.

"Why didn't you kill George as well as his mum." I said again.

"Because he's a child, and I don't want to hurt him." He replied.

"They stopped telling you what to do. Because you ran away." Grant tried not to look at me. He just sat down beside George and played with him. I walked into the other room. I closed Chloe's eyes. I looked at what he had done to kill her. He had shot her in the head. In the exact middle. He walked in through the door behind me. I was crying and I felt weak. Grant put his hand over my mouth and I felt the cold tip of a gun on the back of my head.

"Do you know anywhere to take him?" He asked. All I could do was nod. I knew he wouldn't hurt me even if I tried to get out, "Good. Go get him. Don't speak a word." I went an got George. I put him in his car seat and got into the drivers side. Grant got in the passengers side, "Go." He said to me.
I drove to the place where I think I should take him. I walked up to the front door. I knocked it and a lady around my hight, brown hair and brown eyes, answered the door, "Hello. I'm Agent Willow Wolfe, with SHIELD. I'm hear to inform you that your sister has died in a head-on collision today." I said. I had to lie. But it was head on! She looked so sad. She started to cry, "She left her son George. If you don't mind, she wanted you to look after him. Is that ok?"

"That's fine." She said, snuffling.

"I'll go get him then." I said to him. I walked over to the car and got him out. I grabbed his bag and walked him up to the house. I handed the lady his stuff and I said my goodbyes, "I'll see you soon my little monster." I said, rubbing my nose on his.