Chapter 57: You Don't Mean That...

Epona's POV:

I walked to the Great Hall Sunday morning, a bounce in my step. This morning there was a note at my nightstand to meet Draco on the grounds tonight. I decided I wanted to sit with my Gryffindor friends, and when I sat down next to Hermione they all fell silent.

"Hey guys." I smiled, and there was no response. I looked at them, visibly upset, "Did I do something?"

"You shouldn't be sitting here." Harry said coolly. 

I laughed nervously, "What are you talking about? I always sit here."

"You should sit with your own kind." He said, not making eye contact with me.

It was like a knife through my heart, "Harry? You're my brother; you are my kind-"

He cut me off by slamming his hand down on the table, "Obviously not! You're just like the rest of those Slytherin brats!"

Anger flooded through me, "Are you kidding me? Are you seriously not over the fact that I'm not a Gryffindor like you?"

"I was until it turned out you are just like them! If you had listened to me and stopped hanging around Malfoy, none of this would be happening!" He yelled, and I groaned loudly.

"Jesus, Harry! Why does everyone think that I'm just some fucking pet they can order around? At least Malfoy treats me like a human being with fucking feelings!" I yelled back.

Harry snorted in an angry laugh, "Oh please! He's just using you to get to me! We all know that he's a piece of shit just like his father! Probably worse! You're just too naive to realize you're being used! Just like your last relationship-" He stopped mid sentence because I slapped him, on the verge of tears.

My hand shook out of anger and hurt, "How dare you....? Why do you always play the fucking victim? Not everyone is out to get you, Harry. The world doesn't revolve around you. And after everything that happened to me, you dare say that it's my fault?"

He held his hand out, a deeply guilty look on his face, "No, wait, Effie that's not what I meant-"

I moved my hand away from his, and looked him in the eye, "You're right. You aren't my kind."

Ron stood up, trying to defend Harry, "Effie, you should've expected this. I mean, you did make out with his enemy-"

I started laughing hysterically, my whole body shaking, "Really? Are you fucking kidding me? I hate to break this to you, BUT MY LIFE DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND HARRY YOU DIRTBAGS!" I kept laughing, feeling my body heat up. My hands lit on fire, and my hair turned into it, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I THOUGHT ANY OF YOU WERE MY FRIENDS! YOU ALL JUST THINK I'M SOME CRAZY SHIT!"

I felt two pairs of hands on each of my arms, and I saw the Weasley twins glaring at their brother and Harry. 

"C'mon, Effie. Let's leave these prats." Fred said, his glare still locked onto his brother.

I sighed, turning back to normal, and tears poured from my eyes. George and Fred walked me out of the hall, and into another room. 

"We'll get them later for you, Effie." George spoke once we were alone.

"No, it's fine. I'm just so tired of the fact that the only reason I'm known is because 'I'm Harry Potter's older sister'. You know? It's like, I survived too. Why is he just so much more important than me? And once something finally goes my way, he has to piss on it." I ran my fingers through my hair, distressed, "No matter how hard I try to change, be who I really want to be, someone important to me finds a way to make me feel small...Exactly like Phineas did."

They gave me a sad look, and didn't speak. I laughed a bit, "Do you have any idea how many times I've been asked already this morning if I'm a virgin? And do you know how many times I've had to answer with, 'If it were my choice, I would be. But you know, I was raped.'? They looked at me saying Draco would be disgusted of me because of it. When Draco was the one who reported it, and comforted me in my darkest moments."

I cried softly, falling into Fred's arms, "Is it so bad for me to want to feel loved?"

"You know, I don't know what to say other than stop looking for validation from others." Fred spoke softly, and George finished his statement.

"Yeah, if you like who you are, then why does it matter what others think of you?" 

I looked at them both, and they gave me a grin, "You should enjoy your date. We'll get that Ravenclaw sixth year your friends with and let him help you with that."

"You know I will, George. I've been waiting for this since the dance." A voice called from the doorway of the room, and I saw August standing there.

In truth I hadn't seen him yet this year. I'd texted him but he said he'd been busy with homework and family issues. He said he even had to go home for a bit at the start because of it. August's hair was still long, except now he had a stripe of electric blue that went from the roots to the tips. It looked good on him.

George grinned, "I thought you wouldn't talk to me again."

August raised an eyebrow, smiling back, "What? Because you rejected me? No way, I don't hold grudges like that. Plus, my parents are total dicks so I really just hate them right now." He clapped his hands together, "And damn, Effie, am I loving this badass queen look you have going on. I can work with this."

I laughed, and stood up, "I'll see you guys later." I waved goodbye to the twins and walked off with August.

After two hours of dress shopping at the store near Hogwarts, and doing upgrades, August had finally got me ready. He was in the process of working on my hair, and doing some slight changes to my make-up.

"Now, I made sure to choose a color that highlights your eyes. They're very pretty. Also you know, I picked a dress that doesn't reveal anything, but it just enough to give him that little tingle. I think. I don't really know. But if I were attracted to girls, I'd be attracted to you right now." August smiled in the mirror, and I groaned, a smile on my face.

"Oh my Merlin." I laughed, "I missed you, August. I missed having a fashion buddy. And a guy who will look at me and tell me I'm hot without wanting to fuck me."

August grinned, "That's what I'm here for, Efs. Now, go get changed into that dress."

Looking back at the mirror one more time, I smirked. I had my typical eye liner wing and black mascara, but August had done something I want to keep as my look. He gave me a  dark plum smokey eye, and it really made my green eyes stand out. It was like a black on my eyelid, but slowly faded out to a dark purple. 

I walked upstairs, and changed. The dress was an off the shoulders dark purple dress, and it cut down to my mid thigh in the front, but it almost ombres but with less fabric in the back went down to around mid shin length. And of course, I'm wearing my neon green converse. No matter how formal the occasion I will always wear them. Because fuck peoples standards. I dress for myself.

August had applied another coat of black nail polish to my nails a bit earlier, and it had been just enough time that the gloss he applied over top had dried before I put on the dress. My hair was in two french braids, but when it came to my loose hair, they were kept loose like a ponytail, except without a hair tie and with my own hair.

I walked down the stairs, and August's eyes sparkled. I smirked. The twins words finally hitting me.

I'm the fucking queen.