Christmas Shopping

another rushed chapter, hopefully there aren't any spelling mistakes. let me know if there are so i can fix em

•••

Dream had done so many things to George that he regrets. His weird confession was one of them. But recently, he has been thinking. Why does George still talk to him? He's made him feel uncomfortable countless times before. Why is he still friends with someone like Dream?

He doesn't deserve George.

"What's on your mind?" His thoughts get interrupted when a small hand touches his thigh. He turns to see the brunet looking up at him with bright eyes. Dream smiles at him, grabbing his hand to hold it instead.

Don't get him wrong. Dream did think that he didn't deserve George, but that wasn't going to stop him from trying.

Turning his head to face the TV, Dream begins to think of something to say. He notices the slight blush on the boy's face out of the corner of his eye. It looks just like the one from yesterday night.

"I was just thinking about how I'm going to take you with me to see my family for Christmas." There was sudden movement next to him on the couch, assuming that it was George wiggling around out of excitement. "Really? I get to meet the Dream family?"

Once again, he turned his head to face the brit. He let go of the boy's hand—missing the warmth when he let go—to ruffle his chocolate brown hair. "Of course," Dream giggled.

Patches popped her head out from underneath George's arm. They both looked down at her.

"Even Patches?" Dream nodded. "Well, duh. Why would I leave her here alone?"

"Touché."

Christmas was only five days away. Dream hasn't even gone shopping for presents.

"Have you talked to him?" Dream asked. "Talked to who?"

"Sapnap," George says.

The last time they talked was before George arrived in Florida. Dream took his phone out of his back pocket. He turned it on and went to the Messages app. "Nope, but I will right now. I'm gonna apologize for yelling at him."

George hummed in response, playing with the kitten in his lap.

After sending Sapnap a paragraph about how sorry he was, Dream got up to stretch. "Let's go Christmas shopping," he suggested. George agreed, getting up as well.

They got quickly put on their shoes before getting out of the house. George was disappointed when he realized he couldn't take Patches with him. He waved goodbye at the adorable cat before they opened the door to get out.

It was a warm day, less hot than how it usually was. The boys got into Dream's car, putting on their seatbelts with a soft click.

"Are we going to the mall?" George asks. Dream nods, keeping his emerald green eyes on the road.

Tapping on the steering wheel was a nice way to fill the silence in the car. But it wasn't enough for Dream. Still focusing on the road, he took out his phone and quickly put in his password. Dream handed his phone over to the brunet.

"Wanna put on some music?" George takes the blond's phone and clicks on Spotify. "Sure," he responds. Dream glanced over at him, noticing that George was grinning at something on his screen.

"What?"

"You listen to Melanie Martinez?" Dream's face slightly flushes a bright red. Of course, he listened to Melanie Martinez. Her music is incredible. "Duh, she's amazing."

George's smile gets bigger as he clicks on what Dream assumes is one of her albums.

"I like her too," he says as the song "Detention" begins to play.

--------------------

The boys giggle as they get out of Dream's white truck. They were loudly singing together before they had arrived at the mall.

"Here we are!" Still standing by the car, they looked up to observe the humongous building. There were palm trees surrounding the entire building. The entrance was made of glass walls that were put into a circle.

"Woah," George spoke. He turned to try to grab the smaller boy's hand when he realized that the boy was no longer next to him. Dream looks up ahead of him to see George running towards the mall. "That idiot," he giggled.

He took off, running after his friend, stopping every now and then to make sure there were no cars passing. Once he finally caught up to George, which was pretty easy, Dream put his hand on his shoulder to calm himself down from the jogging. "I beat you," George teased.

The blond rolled his eyes. "Well, that's because you started without me."

Together, they walked in, their eyes hurting from the bright light coming from the glass roof. "It's even better inside!" They continued to walk straight ahead before they began seeing stores. Adults were scrambling around, a few kids were crying from how their feet hurt, teens were gossipsing with their friends. "Welcome to the Mall of Millenia!"

"I knew it was big just by looking at it from the outside, but it's humongous inside," he exclaimed. "Yeah, that's what all the men say when they see my-" Dream was about to finish his sentence when George hit his shoulder. "Don't finish that!"

He chuckled, leading the brunet over to the left side of the of mall.

"Are you gonna buy anything for your family?" He notices as his friend's smile disappears. "Nah, I didn't bring a lot of money." Dream knew that wasn't the actual reason because he saw all the hundred bills that were in George's wallet.

"I could pay for them." The older one looked up at him. "It's fine, really." Dream gave it up, not wanting to get into George's personal business.

They strolled through the crowds of people, looking at all the Christmas decorations. Dream followed George up the stairs to the second floor. The blond noticed how the brit's eyes lit up when he saw a certain store.

"There's a Louis Vuitton here?" Dream nodded. "Wanna check it out?" The boy shook his head. "No, I already told you that I'm broke."

Dream smirked. " I can buy something for you. I'll be your sugar daddy."

"Oh, shut up. You're such an idiot."

The rest of the time they spent at the mall was to buy gifts. Dream went off to buy gifts for his family and friends. And George went off to buy gift for only his friends.

Something the boys didn't know was that they both bought each other something special.