chapter 13 ~ mountains

mature language

//Dreams pov

Everyone ended up going to bed around 12:30, which let me have plenty of time to plan what I was going to do with George.

Id thought about going and just driving with him, but then I was afraid he would fall asleep on me, so that was a no. What was something we could do without having to drive?

I lay on top of my sleeping bag, thinking about it. I can hear Ranboos even breathing from behind me, and im pretty sure hes asleep. I start to wonder about how its not colder up here, we're quite high up in the mountains, and Im honestly kinda warm.

And thats when I can feel a plan starting to form toghether in my head.

"Ranboo?" I whisper, but I get no response. Hes asleep. I sit myself up and unzip the tent as quietly as I can, before climbing out and zipping it closed behind me.

I start to wonder if Tommys asleep, what if hes not? I pull out my phone and check for the time, its 12:55. He had to be asleep by now.

I walk over to Georges tent, trying to be as quiet as I can.

"George" I whisper, and I can hear him moving around from inside the tent. I stand waiting for him, and he appears actually dressed this time.

I hold a finger up to my lips, and he nods at me.

I didnt know who else was asleep and who wasnt, and I didnt want to take chances of people seeing us.

I take his hand and turn around to walk us in the direction of the meadow, and I can hear him following behind me.

We make it into the meadow, and he immediatley starts asking me questions.

"Where are we off to tonight?" he asks me, and I notice hes not as tired as he'd usually be around this time.

"Its a secret" I say, turning and smiling at him as he pulls a face at me.

He turns to walk towards the car park, but I start going the complete opposite direction.

"We arent going in the car?" he asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope" I tell him, taking his hand again and pulling him alongside me and up the mountain we're camped on.

"Up the mountain?" he says, still sounding confused.

"Up the mountain" I repeat, turning to look at him again.

I cant see his face too well, considering we're walking up a small moss covered road that has no streetlights on it.

As we walk, I talk to him about small things, dumb little questions, about his favourite colours, pet peeves, just dumb shit like that.

"Im actually colourblind" he tells me, when I ask him why his favorite colour is blue.

"What? No way" I reply.

"Yeah" he tells me, laughing a little at my reaction. "Blues my favourite because I can see it best" he says, shrugging his shoulders.

I stare at him in disbelief. Was he fucking with me? Or did I genuinely just not know this? He turns to look at me, starting to laugh again.

"Im not lying to you" he says, still laughing. "Im actually colourblind".

His laugh makes me feel warm inside, like someone had set a firework off inside my chest.

Hes not looking back at me, so I can stare all I want. Hes still smiling, and I can see the dimples that form in his cheeks as he does, it makes me want to smile.