37

YOUNGYEON POV

"Wait... what?!" I practically exclaimed, looking at the saleslady who turned her back, facing me with concern laced in her face.

"Yes, are you not? I was told you were the confirmed girlfriend of Mr. Kim," she replied and I gave her the what-in-the-actual-fuck look.

"Excuse me, but.... I need to talk to Seokjin first if you'll excuse me. I think.... I think I'm not ready for this news to go public yet," I said, gritting my teeth, my mind telling me more confusing stuff.

Am I Seokjin's girlfriend now?

She nodded and smiled, and I sighed before bowing back, making my way towards Seokjin who was sitting in the waiting area, tapping his foot patiently.

"Seokjin, we need to talk," I said as I glared at him, crossing my arms.

No one was here in this floor. I might have  guessed this building was new and hasn't even had a proper opening, it might just have a few salespeople.

"Wh-what did you wanna talk about?" He asked, facing me as he looked at me in the eye.

"Seokjin, why the actual fuck did you tell people I was your girlfriend? Are you insane? Have you hit your head somewhere? You... you're engaged!" I ranted at him and he frowned at me before slouching his shoulders.

"Well.... my brother planned this, and he said it was for our own good. And for yours too. I didn't want you to be tracked down by sasaengs, and I didn't want to be spied on 24/7 too," he reasoned and I furrowed my brows.

"That still doesn't exempt the fact that you're practically using me. If you could've just asked and stated your reason, then I would've had thought about it," I said.

"I'm sorry. It was.... so sudden. Namjoon told me to act as soon as possible. I shouldn't have done it all of a sudden," he sulked as he looked down on the ground.

Seeing this Seokjin made me calm my nerves a bit. He didn't seem like the powerful, confident, and cocky Vice CEO of the biggest company in Korea. He seemed like he wanted to get out of this hell too. It seemed like he also makes bad decisions and mistakes. He was far from what they described him on television and interviews.

Afterall, he's also a human.

Suddenly, he reached out towards me, grabbing my hand as I gasped silently, and he tugs me towards him as I was suddenly crashed into him. My head leaning against his chest as I felt his arms snake around my waist, making no gap come between our embrace.

"I'm not only worried about my so-called engagement. I'm not only worried about my reputation. I'm also worried about you, you know that. I don't want you to get hurt, I don't want you to be tracked down. If you're atleast exposed to the public, then you'll be protected too. Sasaengs will stop chasing me and you. You won't be alone, because you have me now," he whispers into my ear with a surprisingly deep voice and my eyes widened, my ears gleaming red.

"A-are you sure it'll work? If it does, there's no going back to my normal life," I replied and he grins.

"There's no such thing as a normal life, Youngyeon. Life is different in it's own special way, it makes each of us unique," he replied.

"So, Lee Youngyeon. Will you... be my girlfriend then?"

NAMJOON POV

I walked out of the building, looking at the time as I sighed deeply to myself.

"Sir Namjoon!" A voice called my name and my eyes widened as I turned my head towards the person approaching me, a person beside them.

"You're still here? It's your lunch break," I replied as I looked at the dark-haired man, walking towards me while dragging someone.