twenty-six

7000 words... hope y'all enjoy!

Harry and I fell back asleep while laying on the balcony for about 2 hours. For the past 30 minutes I've just been laying tucked into his side with my head on his chest. Listening to his slow heartbeat and calm breathing. Every once in a while his body will twitch or he'll speak gibberish in his peaceful state. I wonder if he even knows he talks in his sleep. The sounds of the waves hitting the cliff that his house rests on is another aspect to this calm surrounding us.

I didn't even bring up the fact that he called himself my boyfriend. It's a conversation we can have another time because right now I want something that's good. Just for one day. Not that us dating wouldn't be good but I already know I'm not going to be stable enough to have a conversation like that after the dinner tonight.

There's a light knock on the glass door. I sit up a bit and see Liam with a slight smile on his face.

"How are you doing Parker? Louis and Niall filled me in on the demon." Liam asks. I laugh a bit at him calling Martha a demon.

"I'm okay. Just trying to make a decision." I say and pat the free space on the comforter next to me for Liam to come sit down. He strides over and takes a seat, leaning back on his hands with his legs straight out.

"I hope you know I'm not going to give you advice. This is something you have to decide on." Liam states.

"I'm not asking for advice, I just don't know if it's the right decision to make."

"Well whatever your gut is telling you to do I think is the right decision."

"Thank you." I turn and check on Harry who is still fast asleep.

"For what?" Liam questions.

"Not telling me what to do. For letting me decide on my own. It's a rare occurrence for someone to trust any decision I make." I smile at him.

"Yeah of course. You might want to wake up Harry. It's about 11 and he's going to Gem's at 12." Liam says with a light pat on my shoulder before standing up and leaving Harry's room.

I gently climb on top of Harry and place light kisses on his neck and cheek until I feel him slowly waking up.

"Well that's a nice way to wake up." He says with a yawn.

"It's 11." I inform him and pull away from his neck.

"Thank you for waking me up."

"Yeah, I'm gonna head downstairs and eat something." I placed a light kiss on his lips then stood up.

In the living room, Callie is sitting talking with Niall and Louis on the couch. They are deep in conversation because they didn't even notice me walk past them to get into the kitchen. I cleaned up our coffee cups from this morning before grabbing the bread from the pantry and putting 2 slices in the toaster. I still haven't taken my meds today but I need to eat before taking them or else I will feel nauseous. My nerves are on fucking crack right now but I know this is what I have to do. I know Callie said she would come with me but I think this is something I need to do on my own. The toaster popping startles me out of my trancelike state. I slowly butter each piece and put them on a plate, sitting at the table rather than the island to eat.

Liam really is like an older brother. He's concerned without being overbearing. I meant it when I said that I'm thankful for him trusting my decisions. Drug addicts tend to lose trust from everyone. No one thinks I'm capable of making sane choices anymore. It's just nice to have someone that's not too close to me not automatically make assumptions about my logic.

I finish the last couple bites of the final piece of toast and swiftly wash my plate and put it away. Harry walks into the living room and turns his attention to me with a smile.