19.

Blaise's POV

       Valentines Day has to be one of the most overrated holidays out there. It's not that I don't believe in love or hate relationships, I just can't stand the amount it's advertised. Christmas is a holiday that anyone can celebrate so I understand, but Valentine's Day? If you're not in a relationship then you have no reason for existing on February 14th.

       "Attention all students! All Sickle Valentines are banned. If caught buying or selling them, detention with me for a week."

       The announcement immediately puts everyone in a bad mood. The Weasley twins have been selling Sickle Valentines for a couple of years now, they're a huge hit around this time.

      You pay a Sickle and get a small piece of parchment that supposedly has the name of your soulmate. It's a bunch of rubbish if you ask me, but I do think it's quite clever.

             "Are you guys buying Sickle Valentines this year?" Theo asks the table.

      Everyone looks at each other awkwardly.

                  "Fuck that," Draco yawns. "Soulmates aren't real."

      All of the girls at the table shoot him glares, except for Malory. She keeps her head down in her book.

                  "Soulmates are real, you git." Aary hisses.

      Pansy joins in. "Yeah just because you don't have one doesn't mean you need to ruin it for everyone else."

       All of the Slytherin's burst into laughter and Draco is left speechless. Pansy blows him a kiss to let him know she was messing, but I know it bothered him either way.

           "Well they're banned so it looks like no one is participating this year." I mutter.

       "Just because they're banned doesn't mean Fred and George aren't still selling them." Daphne responds.

       Most of the Weasley's products have been banned from school but I do still see people using Puking Pastilles every once in a while. So I don't doubt it.

     Aary gets up from the table and grabs her books. "Even if I wanted one, I'm not giving them my money."

       I feel a sense of relief when she says she's not buying one. Mainly because I don't think it would be good for her to talk to Fred right now, but I also just don't want to know who her soulmate is.

               "You barely touched your cereal!" Malory says to Aary.

       Aary completely ignores Mal and continues walking towards the exit of the great hall. Draco slides down and takes Aary's spot on the bench.

                "What are you reading today?" He says while snatching her book.

      His eyes scan the book cover slowly. "The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe..."

      He flips through the pages, reading a few words on each then skipping the rest. Something catches his eye.

       "He was dead, dead as a stone," Draco quotes from the book. "Bloody hell, Malory. Could you be anymore terrifying?"

       She rips the book from his grasp and nudges his arm playfully, then goes back to reading.

        "So after practice do you all want to do something?" Draco asks the remaining Slytherins.