42

Alexandra's pov

I walk into the living room and see Liz and two other council members standing there and they all look to me confused.  I see Alaric give me a look and then Liz walks up to me holding her gun.

"Where is he?" She said.

"Not here" I said.

"Where did he go? Look, he's a threat" She said.

"He's not. Has he done anything to harm you?" I said.

"They're killers. They're vampires" She said.

"I'm sorry, sheriff. But I won't help you" I said and she just sighed.

"Let's go search the house" She said to the others and then they all left the room and I look over to Alaric.

"They're going to go down there and they're going to find him" He said.

"He's not down there, Alaric." I said.

"Where is he?" He said.

"I don't know. I told him to run. He's gone" I said.

"He's out there?!" He said.

"I panicked, okay? He had to get out of here" I said.

"Alex...if he's out there, he's going to kill someone." He said.

"He can control it" I said.

"Do you know what's going on in town right now? There's an outdoor movie event. The whole town is there" He said and I started panicking.

"I'm going to find him" I said walking past him to the door. "Keep them occupied" I said turning back to him and he nodded.

This is it. We're down to the last wire. I need to find Damon before he kills everyone in town. And Stefan needs to get that cure. I've been trying to call him but I haven't gotten any answer from him. Elena hasn't even heard from him. I'm really starting to get worried about the outcome of all of this.

I get to town and I park my car and see everyone sitting in the grass watching the big screen that's set up. I get out of my car and just stare at how many people there are and calm down a little because it doesn't seem like anyone is hurt...yet.

I start walking through the crowd looking around for Damon and then start to worry. He has to be here somewhere. I know that if he can't control himself, he would be here. I walk behind the big screen and there's no one in sight and I just sigh.

"Alexandra" I heard and turned around to see Damon.

"Damon" I said looking to him and could see he's not doing well at all. "Hey, come on. Come on" I said walking up to him.

"You're here" He said.

"I told you I would find you" I said making him walk with me.

"Where are we going?" He said.

"Somewhere safe" I said. We continue to walk and he falls a little and I grab onto him more. "Damon" I said and then he fell to his knees.