Chapter 43: Conversations with Strangers

Home. It was a foreign place, maybe even a foreign feeling. But she knew she hadn't found it.

She thought of the possibility that Taehyung would bring the comfort her heart so much desires and needs, yet like everybody else, he's already a home to someone else.

Yet despite all that, Lisa Manoban couldn't help but think that it was truly impossible for anyone but him to be the man who showed up in her dreams ever so often.

The doctor told her that her memories would come back since it was just a temporal lobe defect, meaning that the amnesiac situations of hers was temporary.

Yet they clearly took out the fact that it would take almost a whole decade for her memories to return, she was already in her 6th year of trying to adjust.

She was turning 27 in the March of next year, and it was currently the end of November, yet she barely knew anything about herself starting from the age of 12 to 21.

Lisa was told that the whole year of capture and trauma she had undergone was around her end of freshman to end of sophomore year college.

People mistook the fact that though she didn't have any of her memories, she did have the recollection of the days she was manipulated in that hell hole with that...man.

Shivers ran down her spine as she thought of his gaze, once thinking they were a lover's rather than a captors.

He gaslighted her every chance he could, knowing full well she had lost her memories. Knowing full well she wasn't in the right mental state to be pushed into a role that's so unbelievably manipulated, she was slowly becoming out of her mind back in those days 6 years ago.

She thought of the possibility that maybe, the reason it was so easy for her to be fond of Vantae was due to his comforting presence that showed sincerity and affection that she hadn't seem to felt since she woke up with a huge memory hole in her mind.

She had no plans on breaking up her two friends. Despite her naivety in this on going world, she knew enough not to break something so precious just because of her seemingly one-sided affection.

But wasn't he the male in her dreams? Shouldn't he be affectionate to her like the man who held loving gazes to her in her illusions?

Did he fall for Jennie at the time that she was gone?

The multiplying accusations and conclusions started forming in her head. No one was really helping her with bringing back her memories, no one was telling her of the events before she was captured.

Vantae has always been hesitant on telling her, saying that, "it's better if your own memories come back, there may be situations in which I have a different perspective from yours so I don't want to push something towards you" yet she always felt as if there was always something that held him back.

She'd notice it so often, the way the charming heir's face would show the tinge of nervousness and hesitation whenever she asked him to narrate to her her past memories.

Lisa didn't take much note as to why it seemed to bother him so much till she dropped the topic, yet something in her gut told her to look into it.

"You're finally up" a husky voice interrupts her train of thoughts. And without noticing it, her head turned towards the sound to find a man- Jeongguk, in his holy glory.

He was wearing a black velvet bath robe, which she could only presume were silk pajama bottoms underneath it. As well as his bare torso. Bare. Fucking. Torso.