Final

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Kye shouted after they passed through the void and crashed onto the ground somehow Kye had landed upright while everyone else sore from a harsh landing. Sophie blinked as she looked around the familiar area, she'd decided to take them too a forest area near Havenfield so they could get everything sorted.

"Looks like someone enjoyed themself," Keefe said with a smile, Sophie perked up at his smile, glad to see Keefe I'm better spirits. True he had been quite friendly earlier but... he was going through a lot right now. Keefe turned to her, reaching for her hand and twining there fingers together, warmth spread inside Sophie as she held his gaze. "Foster I-" he started But was interrupted,

"Hey hunkyhair, it's a good thing I explained to Kye what was about to happen, or else she might have torn out your hair." Ro said, aiming the question at Keefe and yet Sophie seemed to mentally smack herself, how could she have forgotten that Kye didn't know a thing about the elf world?

"Oh come on Foster, it's not totally your fault. I could've just as easily told her about it." Keefe said, and Sophie's head turned sharply.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" Sophie asked, mind racing.

"Oh I could feel your emotions, first surprise, than realization, anger..." Keefe's voice trailed off as if he too had realized something.

"They're coming back." He breathed the words out, hardly a whisper and yet Sophie was close enough to hear him. He tore his hand away from hers, mumbling to himself.

"Keefe what's wrong?" Sophie asked, concern radiating across her mind. She stepped forward, placing a hand on his shoulder, only to have him step back from her arm, fear in his eyes.

"I..." he whispered. "Shouldn't. Talk." He said firmly, a stressed and yet decisive look on his eyes.

He watched her desperately and Sophie crumbled in his gaze, he was afraid of his power wasn't he?

Keefe. She transmitted, We're not going back to the days when I couldn't hear your voice.

Foster... he thought back, obviously not surprised to have her inside his mind.
We don't have a choice. My mom, she doesn't care about who she hurts. He bit his lip carefully at this, and Sophie tipped her head in concern, reaching a hand out to pluck an eyelash off.

She knows my friends, Kye, the black swan, my...

An all but silent hum filled the blankness as Sophie willed him to go on, what was he about to say?

My what? She transmitted, prompting him. But he just seemed to retreat farther into his blankness, until she felt something settle in his mind. A back and fourth battle that had ended in something peculiar. Something new, something... final.

Well... you.

The statement came as a confusion to Sophie, such of one that she couldn't respond.

Oh Foster, he thought, noting her silence and yet seeming unafraid. Could we... he paused, as if considering something, a look of peace spread out across his features as he reached his hand up. His fingers lingered on her cheek as he tucked in a piece of her hair. Warm Sparks riveted inside her where his touch lingered and there was a teasing look in his eyes when he took a step closer. She blushed, a shiver running through her as her mind seemed to shut down. What was... happening? Keefe was acting like... like he...

But she couldn't seem to finish the thought. His hand dropped and once more he had a decisive look on his face. She stared as he nodded to himself, a slow smile lighting up his features.

She couldn't seem to breathe as he cautiously took her hand. A flutter arose in her heart but it only caused more confusion. What was he doing? What was happening?

"Foster I... come with me will you?" Keefe said, switching too speaking. There was a seriousness in his gaze, and yet a warmth that seemed too light up his features.

"Of course Keefe." She decided, letting him take her hand. As long as he was speaking, safe, and happy, she could follow him for years. The thought brought a smile too her lips as he nodded and brought her over too a nearby glade underneath a tree. Ro squinted at them, and Sophie couldn't help but blush under her suspicious stare. Kye had a delighted smile on her face as they passed by, and she seemed too raise an eyebrow at Keefe who smiled amusedly.

"Why does it seem like everyone knows what you're talking about?" She asked, feeling self conscious as she sat down, looking anywhere but at Keefe.

"Maybe cause they do." He said teasingly. And when she still couldn't seem to meet his gaze she felt his palm cover hers,

"Listen Foster." He said as she turned her head too look at him.

There's something I have to tell you."