Chapter 12

THIRD PERSON

As the group went back to the mansion, they all hurried to the dining area. Sitting down, everyone has the same question clouding their minds.

"Was that Jennie?" Nayeon was the one who asked first. Earlier, when Joohyun told them that the Jennie they saw was acting too weird, she had drown into deep thoughts, then who was it if not Jennie?

"Chaeyoung, what do you think?" Seulgi asked. Everyone turned their look on Chaeyoung who was spacing out. She had thought thoroughly what Joohyun had said on the cafeteria. She felt weird, but maybe that's because she hasn't seen the missing brunette for a decade.

"I feel weird. And happy, yet sad. I don't know, actually." Answered the blonde. "She won't even look at me the way she does when we were still young."

"What do you mean? Are you friends with Jennie before?" Asked Nayeon. She was, obviously, the only one who doesn't realized that Lisa, Chaeyoung and Jisoo are friends with Jennie.

"They're childhood friends." Answered Jeongyeon. The bunny like woman gasped, but then shrugged. "Oh, that's why Jisoo has Jennie's picture."

Seulgi turned to Irene. "What about you? How did you think she was acting weird?"

"Like Chaeyoung said, she won't even look at them the way she does when they were younger. Base from the stories I've squeezed out of this three elemental holders, Jennie seems affectionate of them. Like she would do everything just to keep them safe." Everyone really didn't paid attention to what she said, except Seulgi and Jeongyeon, because they were busy guessing if Irene is sick to manage speaking an almost paragraph.

"Joohyun, I have a question for you." Seulgi says. She was squinting her eyes, studying the very silent woman. "What did you saw when you touched Ms. Kim's picture?"

Irene sparred her a glance. "Nothing."

"Are you sure?" Seulgi asked again.

A fucking demon. I have to stop it from happening. I fucking have to. "Yes."

"You know, Joohyun. I forgot to tell you something." Seulgi inched closer to the bored looking woman. "I'm a dual holder." She reveals.

"You're what?!" Exclaimed Lisa. Everyone had their jaws on the dinning table. It was shocking, well except for Irene who seems to know it already.

"I don't only suck one's power, I could also read minds. And I can read what's on your mind." Seulgi continued. "What is this demon thing you're thinking?"

"It has nothing to do with you or anyone, not even on our mission. If you'll excuse me." Irene excused herself and went upstairs to her room. All Seulgi could do was just smirk on the air. Whatever it is, Bae Joohyun, I am going to find out.

The dinner goes on with a banter from Nayeon and Lisa, Chaeyoung eating messily, a silent Jisoo and Jeongyeon and a thinking Seulgi. Nayeon and Lisa was also occupied about the demon thing, that according to Seulgi, was what Irene is thinking. But they brushed it off and decided to just banter and not stress about something they shouldn't be stressing about.

Irene had her face buried on her knees, she was sat on the floor with her back on the door. Crying. What she saw terrified her to death. What she saw was bothering her, making her sleepless and anxious, but she kept it all to herself.

Sometimes, having powers like what she has was not always good. So, as much as she can, she doesn't use her power often. Seeing the future was out of her control and she always loved seeing someone's future until she saw Jennie's. Seeing her past and future was hell. A fucking torture. She had mental breakdowns, anxiety attacks (that only Jeongyeon knows) and fears.

She doesn't want the future to happen, but it seems like it's starting to.

She wanted to tell anyone about what she saw, but she just couldn't have the courage to tell someone, not even a trustworthy person like Jeongyeon. She has trust issues. The people she trusted from the past ended up betraying her. She doesn't want to feel it again. The aches from her heart. How it won't just leave. It was very scary for her.

A touch on her picture and Jennie's past and future was what welcomed Irene. The past was okay, but the future was far worst than terrifying. It wasn't something you would want to see. But she saw how destructive Jennie could be.

How Jennie hurted everyone, how terrifying Jennie could be in the near future. Dead bodies were all over the streets, bloods on every path of the road and the city was ruined. People were running away, not even Jiyong could stop Jennie.

And it all happened because of three people. Kim Jisoo. Irene saw how Jennie would always sneak out of her room to go inside Jisoo's and kiss her forehead every night when the latter is sleeping. Park Chaeyoung. Irene saw how Jennie would smile at Chaeyoung like she was the one who light up her world. Lalisa Manoban. Irene saw how Jennie fought everyone just for her to be safe and to stay in the mansion where they are training together.

Irene saw how the members of Dark Ages killed those three people. How they tortured them to death. How Jennie cried her heart out and suddenly loses control.

Irene let go of the picture and took a deep breath, calming herself, not knowing that someone was watching her the whole time. Kang Seulgi.

"Irene?" A knock on the door brought her back to reality. Irene wiped her face, making sure she doesn't looked like she was crying and opened the door. Revealing Jeongyeon.

"Jeongyeon."

"I was just checking up on you. I heard you crying, but don't worry, no one hears it except me."

"Oh. I... I was having another... I..." Jeongyeon just nodded and pulled Irene into a hug. Seulgi was watching the whole exchange and she felt something aching. What was that? She doesn't have any fucking idea. But unlike before, she doesn't want to know what was behind the aching on her heart.

"You can tell me anything if you want or should we go to the garden again for you to calm down?" Asked Jeongyeon.

"Garden sounds good. I'm sorry, I just.. I wasn't ready to share anything yet." Jeongyeon gave her a reassuring smile before taking her to the peaceful garden. Leaving Seulgi alone in her own thoughts.

I didn't know they were close.

Sighing, she went back to her room and got ready for another stressful day tomorrow. LJ Kim, who are you?

a very very short chapter and ik it's very messy and scattered idk i just want y'all to know what irene saw the moment she touched jennie's childhood photo. and it has something to do with the plot. yes, letting you know what she saw has something to do with the plot.

anyway, what are your thoughts about jennie changing her name again into LJ Kim?  the sneaky beetch likes changing her name she'd be JENNIE RUBYJANE "RJ LEE LJ KIM" KIM. not funny, right.

AND ANOTHER REMINDER THAT JISEUL IS REALLY HAPPENING SINCE IRENE GOT HERSELF JEONGYEON HIHI ;> a very weird pair ik.