• 3 •

X E N A

"Just when I thought their attempts to kill me couldn't get even more pathetic," I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to duck from the raw-edged fragments.

My father looked me over for gashes, smoothing his Hermes necktie over. "Don't make me agree with you. It's honestly depressing."

"Funny, I was about to say the same for your existence."

"Funny." He repeated, not at all amused.

I rose a brow. "Come on, old man. I'd love to keep those bastards waiting, but I have a strong feeling that their expiry date is close enough anyways."

Heard that, 'Aged men like fine wine'? The ones downstairs were just plain, old farts, who had enough dollars to wipe their ass clean with, everyday. Every hour even.

"I'll toast to that."

We descended down the stairs in silence, my eyes passing a bored glance at everyone present. The smart ones of the lot stood in respect, somewhat reluctantly, and the ones seated and boisterously laughing? Well, I sure as hell was going to have fun putting a bullet in their fucking knees.

Forget standing, they'll be kneeling at my seven-inch heels till I get bored with them.

Then I'm going to kill them. Plain and simple.

I suppressed a yawn as the ass-kissers approached my father, engaging him in meaningless conversations about the shipment dock they raided; cocaine worth roughly a hundred million dollars.

The gathering at my house was special in a way. They were all a part of the inner circle of the Mafia, who occasionally tried to kill me. A game I invented at thirteen. What can I say except for the fact that I was bored?

A chit was randomly picked from a box, and whoever the person was listed out had to kill me.

If they managed, poof, I was dead.

And if they didn't? Their goddamn funeral.

Yeah, alright. Thirteen year old me must have been very bored.

My eyes ran over them again, looking for the dick responsible for my blown-up room. There were some men that I recognized.

Axel Jackson; A skilled assassin with a doctorate in manipulation. His attempt to kill me wouldn't be that lame. Or stupid.

A few others too, but none of them looked even remotely guilty.

Caleb; one of few people I could actually tolerate. Surprising, I'm aware. Professional hacker. Good humor.

My favorite crime of his was hacking into the Pentagon and making the officials watch a forty-five minute long, porn movie of a 'police officer spanking busty blonde babe for going over the speed limit'. Bad acting, too. Pornhub has been lacking quality lately.

I had a good laugh over it, and took him under the Mafia's protection.

"You know, a funny thing happened with me today," A dark look crossed my face, contradicting to my phrasing.