Chapter 4

Ava POV

The day of the party

I was back home from the hospital and getting ready. The day after Ben told me about the party, I went shopping with Daniel as we discussed. With his help, I got some pretty outfits. The rest of the week went away quickly. I had assisted in a total of four surgeries. One was an emergency and the other three were pre-scheduled.

For today's party, I am wearing a full sleeved wine red dress that is knee-length and hugs my body perfectly. I paired it up with my black Louboutin shoes. I styled my hair down in to loose waves, a bit of makeup and I am done.

I got a text from Ben that he has arrived. I lock my door and go down and get into his car.

"You look good", he said.

"You don't look bad either", I said with a wink

"Ready for the party?" Ben asked

"Yayyy, let's go", I replied, not at all excited.

"What happened?", he asked turning towards me

"Nothing just a bit anxious"

"Don't worry, you will be fine"

"Yeah, let's go and get it done with", I replied

"You are no fun", he sighed

"Ok sorry, I am going to have fun", I said determined

"That's the spirit. You know that my CEO, Adrian Kingston is going to be there and I know you have a crush on him", he said winking.

"Who doesn't have a crush on him. He is one of the hottest guys. He is your CEO and it's your office party so obviously he will be there. What are you implying at", I asked

"Who knows, you might get lucky. There is a chance that he might notice you at the party"

"Oh please Ben, don't joke. There will be so many people at the party, there is no chance that he might notice me and he always has some woman hanging around him". I have seen pictures of him in the news every time with a different woman. I wasn't stalking him but you can't ignore it when the guy in the picture is super-hot.

"Someone is jealous", he asked raising his eyebrow

"Why will I be jealous, I don't care who he is with. I am just stating the facts", I replied

"Rumor has it that he doesn't do relationships. Also, he doesn't bring anyone to the parties which his parents attend. Because he doesn't want anyone to get a wrong idea"

"What do you mean by the wrong idea?", I ask confused

"You know, his parents might think they have got their daughter-in-law or that woman might think that they have something special"

"Oh!". This was something new.

"So he might be alone unless he has found someone special, " he told me.

"Wow, you know so much about him. Do you go to the office to work or discuss your CEO"

"Who doesn't love a good gossip and that too if it's about their CEO. Moreover, I like to keep myself updated"

"That is not some general knowledge to keep updated. It's his life and it's his choice, whatever he wants to do"

"Like you don't discuss about anyone at the hospital and why are you defending him", he scoffed.

"I am not defending anyone, " I said and glared at him.

"Ok, we will not discuss it anymore", he said, zipping up his lips.

We arrived at the venue after some time. The party is in one of the Kingston hotels. Of course, it is obvious. I have either read about it or heard from others, that their hotels are the best in design and architecture. This is the first time I have actually been to one. I must say it was magnificent.

"This is the first Kingston hotel. It was renovated a few years back.", Ben told me

We went inside and it was so grand and beautiful. He also told me that the lobby itself is spread across two floors. The architecture and the decoration, everything was perfect. The combination of materials and textures complement each other and have a luxurious look. I was just looking at everything with awe.

The party was inside the banquet hall. We went inside and he took me to our table. Some people were already sitting there. Ben introduced me to them. They were all his teammates. Three of his teammates came alone and two came with dates. Everyone was very friendly.

We all turned towards the stage at the sound of someone speaking. It was Adrian Kingston. Oh my god! He is so hot, the photographs didn't do justice to him. He was wearing a black suit which fitted him perfectly. No doubt it was custom-made for him. His jet-black hair was styled to perfection. He gave a small speech and thanked everyone and told them to enjoy the party. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him the whole time. I went on date with some good-looking guys but he was a whole different level. On a scale of 1 to 10, he would be a fucking 100.

"You might want to wipe your drool", Ben whispered.

"I am not drooling", I said

"Yes you were", he chuckled

"No, I wasn't", I pursed my lips.

I ignored him and started talking to Olivia who was sitting beside me. She told me that she got married to Andrew just last month and she owns a cafe.

"What's the name of your cafe", I asked her

"It's Beans 'n Cream. Do visit it sometime", she said

"Of course, I would love to", I said with a smile

"How long have you guys been together", She asked me

"No, Ben and I are just friends", I told her

"Oh ok, So what do you do", she asked me

"I am a doctor, actually still doing my residency"

"Oh great, which specialization", she asked

"General surgery", I replied

"Hey Ava, do you want something to drink", Ben asked me

"Juice is fine"

Soon they started serving the food. It was delicious. I just devoured everything not caring about what others might think. Good food should never be wasted. Dessert was my favorite because it was chocolate and I love anything that's made with chocolate.

Ben, Andrew, and Jason were telling us some funny stories that happened in their office. We were all laughing at that. I was having quite fun and it was nice.

The party was done and we said goodbye to everyone and left.

"So how was the party", Ben asked me

"It was nice. I enjoyed it"

"See I told you", he said smirking

"Yeah all that is fine but don't forget your promise", I said pointing my finger towards him.

"What promise", he asked confused

"About the setting up of dates. You said that you would not do that if I came to the party with you. Did you forget it so soon"

"I remember it, Ava and I stand by my word"

He dropped me off at my home. I freshen up and change into my pajamas. I sleep as soon as my body meets my bed.