Frayed

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison said worriedly.

"That depends. Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" Lydia replied.

"Yeah, I should back off" Allison mumbled.

"Well, that also depends. Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" Lydia asked.

"Well, after it happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight" Ally replied. "And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door"

"Hm. What do you think about this Shay?" Lydia turned around in her seat to face me.

"Um, I don't really know" I replied, my voice barely audible.

Lydia and Allison exchanged looks before sighing.

"Hey, you didn't have to come today" Allison said, looking at me from the mirror.

"I need to take my mind off things. And I need to look out for Isaac"

"Listen, Shay, if you need to talk-" Lydia started.

"I'm fine" I gave her a weak smile. "Honestly"

*Flashback*

"I know where they are" Scott said to Derek.

"Same building as the Argents, we know" My brother answered.

"Cora and I followed the twins" Boyd added.

"Then they want you to know" Scott said.

"Or, more likely, they don't care" My uncle said.

"What is this?" Scott questioned, pointing at a map laid out on the table.

"Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike" My uncle replied.

"You're going after them?"

"Tomorrow" Derek informed. And you're gonna help us"

"They're one floor above them in the penthouse, right above Allison" I continued.

"So kill them first, that's the plan?" Scott asked.

"They won't even see it coming" Boyd said.

"Why is the default plan always murder? Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?" Scott said, glaring at all of us.

Peter sighed. "You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him" He said, looking at Derek.

"I do" Cora spoke up. I rolled my eyes just at the sound of my sister's voice.
"Why do we need this kid?"

"This kid helped save your life" I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move" Derek said.

"You can't beat a pack of alphas" Scott pointed out.

"That's why we're going after Deucalion, just him" I said.

"Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies" Boyd added.

"Only this isn't a snake, it's a hydra.
And like Scott says, they're all alphas" Peter said.

"Deucalion's still the leader" Derek pointed out.

"Let's hope so. Because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the hydra?" My uncle asked.